Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post

With Lincoln leaving likely a moot point.
    I had posted that before I even saw the post about Lincoln leaving for the GLVC.

I'm getting a headache trying to figure out all of these conference changes today. But, yeah, I do see what you're saying, which is why I was wondering if UCO and NE State were fully committed to the MIAA, despite being geographic outliers.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I had posted that before I even saw the post about Lincoln leaving for the GLVC.

I'm getting a headache trying to figure out all of these conference changes today. But, yeah, I do see what you're saying, which is why I was wondering if UCO and NE State were fully committed to the MIAA, despite being geographic outliers.
      I do think UCO is committed to MIAA until they finally decide to make plunge to FCS which may be 5 years They won’t go back to GAC ever. NE state… that I’m not sure about

Comment

So we can actually get rid of the damn SILO scheduling with Lincoln no longer? If that is the case, I say stay where we are to allow non-conference game(s).

We can always add other non-Football D-II universities that are littered throughout Missouri and Oklahoma if need be for further conference expansion.

Comment

Think 11 teams should make straightforwardish scheduling. Only question is who’s going to want to schedule a non con in weeks 8-11. Think nsic is starting to see some of these pains of scheduling late in year non cons. However — ADs make good money time for them to problem solve.

Comment

Think 11 teams should make straightforwardish scheduling. Only question is who’s going to want to schedule a non con in weeks 8-11. Think nsic is starting to see some of these pains of scheduling late in year non cons. However — ADs make good money time for them to problem solve.
            Literally makes it easier. They can match up schools who were going to play Lincoln with the NSIC schools that were going to play Upper Iowa. If they don't want to play eachother that is that own schools problem. Could make it a two year thing so there is a home and away and gives both conference more time to figure out what to do.

Comment

I don't know who would be a fit for expansion to be honest. I'd add UAFS as a non-football member. They have no softball and would provide a counter to UNK having no baseball, allowing the spring sports teams to mirror schedule. Beyond that... I don't think there's a fit among football schools in the footprint.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Literally makes it easier. They can match up schools who were going to play Lincoln with the NSIC schools that were going to play Upper Iowa. If they don't want to play eachother that is that own schools problem. Could make it a two year thing so there is a home and away and gives both conference more time to figure out what to do.
                hard to say easier than 12 or 10. Hard to schedule full season with a cycling off week.
                IUPNation want schedule us when LU cancels? Needs to be at Pitt, because we were already low on the home games this year.

Comment

I do think UCO is committed to MIAA until they finally decide to make plunge to FCS which may be 5 years They won’t go back to GAC ever. NE state… that I’m not sure about
                  They don't have the money.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                    Have any MIAA schools released their football schedule for 2023?
                    Just checked and five have. These are the dates when each was scheduled to play Lincoln:

Washburn: Week 3
                    Fort Hays State: Week 5
                    Northeastern State: Week 6
                    Nebraska–Kearney: Week 10
                    Central Missouri: Week 11

Plus it can be deduced from those five schedules that Pittsburg State was supposed to play Lincoln in Week 9.

EDIT: Comparing these to last year's schedule, it's obvious that last year's Week 10 and 11 games have been moved to Weeks 1 and 2 and everything else moved two weeks later. So this should be the complete list:

Week 1: Emporia State
                    Week 2: Missouri Western
                    Week 3: Washburn
                    Week 4: Northwest Missouri State
                    Week 5: Fort Hays State
                    Week 6: Northeastern State
                    Week 7: Central Oklahoma
                    Week 8: Missouri Southern
                    Week 9: Pittsburg State
                    Week 10: Nebraska–Kearney
                    Week 11: Central Missouri

Comment

• Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post

I am thoroughly convinced UCO will NOT go FCS. Besides the DI landscape is drastically changing and some in the P5 seemed determined to head for a different structure.

Edit: UCO was never in the GAC.
                      Go Bronchos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Just checked and five have. These are the dates when each was scheduled to play Lincoln:

Plus it can be deduced from those five schedules that Pittsburg State was supposed to play Lincoln in Week 9.

EDIT: Comparing these to last year's schedule, it's obvious that last year's Week 10 and 11 games have been moved to Weeks 1 and 2 and everything else moved two weeks later. So this should be the complete list:

This is some good info. I appreciate you sharing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I am holding out hope that the conference will split and shuffle the schedule to allow teams to find non con games in the first 2 weeks.

Comment

• It looks like Sioux falls has an open date in Week 9.

Comment

• NM-errors in post
                              Last edited by NWFanatic; 01-27-2023, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                                It looks like Sioux falls has an open date in Week 9.
                                That would be fun.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X