Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Why would you want to replace Lincoln with a team of similar caliber?
    just for the trash talk. the reason roll chos and I are on them is because thier head coach (just before quitting the team for another job) declared ECU as the Oklahoma state champs. they finished with a better record than ALL Oklahoma football teams this year. to include OU and OSU.

Comment

• Well just saw that Lincoln is leaving. I think its a good move for them and the GLVC. I hope it works out fo both parties. I think its a good move for MIAA because it allows for non conf football game. They will have to add one school to balance out other sports schedules. I suggest a non football school. on south side of footprint UA-fort smith or Oklahoma Christian are both members of LSC and driving a long way. It would still be a long way but an easier drive because it would be direct . with most of LSC being south and west of Waco TX.

Another common thread i see on this is UCO going up. There are a lot of reasons for UCO to go up. but a few very very strong ones for UCO to not try it. The window for going up is there becasue you know southland could use another football school. but if WAC/asun alliance is serious for a FBS jump then the window is not as strong. Now UCo starts winning and getting into PO then you will see a different conversations. (it isn't OU that will worry about UCO moving up and taking alum dollars its OSU.)

Now with Upper Iowa and Lincoln both heading to GLVC that gives then 9 schools so now they only have two open dates so it might be a bit dicey this first year. The GSC will have dates the LSC will too. but the GLVC was the best option

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
        Well just saw that Lincoln is leaving. I think its a good move for them and the GLVC. I hope it works out fo both parties. I think its a good move for MIAA because it allows for non conf football game. They will have to add one school to balance out other sports schedules. I suggest a non football school. on south side of footprint UA-fort smith or Oklahoma Christian are both members of LSC and driving a long way. It would still be a long way but an easier drive because it would be direct . with most of LSC being south and west of Waco TX.

Another common thread i see on this is UCO going up. There are a lot of reasons for UCO to go up. but a few very very strong ones for UCO to not try it. The window for going up is there becasue you know southland could use another football school. but if WAC/asun alliance is serious for a FBS jump then the window is not as strong. Now UCo starts winning and getting into PO then you will see a different conversations. (it isn't OU that will worry about UCO moving up and taking alum dollars its OSU.)

Now with Upper Iowa and Lincoln both heading to GLVC that gives then 9 schools so now they only have two open dates so it might be a bit dicey this first year. The GSC will have dates the LSC will too. but the GLVC was the best option
        The Conferences need to get to even numbers so they don't have open dates every week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The Conferences need to get to even numbers so they don't have open dates every week.
          i figure it will be just one and UAFS would be a good match they dont have either softball or base ball and uafs doesnt have softball. it would leave baseball short but a good fit for every one else and then ten game football schedule. UAFS is a wuality basketball program and a very good volleyball program.

Comment

i figure it will be just one and UAFS would be a good match they dont have either softball or base ball and uafs doesnt have softball. it would leave baseball short but a good fit for every one else and then ten game football schedule. UAFS is a wuality basketball program and a very good volleyball program.
            Needs to be a 9 or 11 game conference schedule. That way the off weeks could be scheduled at the same time. That’s if we insist on the conference teams playing everybody.

Comment

It isn't OU that will worry about UCO moving up and taking alum dollars its OSU.

OSU isn't worried about that either. I know there are more Aggies on your side of the state but it wouldn't put a dent.

Current students might be slightly less likely to travel to the 2 to go to a game. I know several UCO alums that support OU and OSU athletics instead of UCO. But heck doesn't that happen everywhere? An FCS team might get a few more mentions in the local media, that is it.

If any Oklahoma colleges move it would be Langston to the SWAC or Okla City U back to DI. I am not saying either one of those are particularly likely. On the other hand you have that guy from OPSU that thinks this is the 1980s and that the NAIA has a shred of relevancy or marketability. The vast majority of those schools are small private colleges with an enrollment smaller than a 4A high school.

All this to say D2 is a happy medium.
              Last edited by UCObluejay; 02-02-2023, 08:16 PM.
              Go Bronchos!

Comment

• Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                If any Oklahoma colleges move it would be Langston to the SWAC or Okla City U back to DI. I am not saying either one of those are particularly likely.
                Current NCAA rules don't even allow NAIA schools to move to Division I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Current NCAA rules don't even allow NAIA schools to move to Division I.
                  Right. But it wouldn't have to be directly. I'll also come back with current NCAA rules don't allow DIII teams to move to DI but St. Thomas did.
                  Go Bronchos!

Comment

Right. But it wouldn't have to be directly. I'll also come back with current NCAA rules don't allow DIII teams to move to DI but St. Thomas did.
                    I feel like Division I would be much less likely to make an exception for a non-member than for a D3 school kicked out of its conference.

Comment

• Funny thing is their are more ou fans done here.in SE I don't think uco will. I do think they would like too but they would prob need to be successful consistently to start getting the slumming they need. But there is no way that osu or some osu alums would not throw up barriers to make it difficult for uco. Higher Ed in Oklahoma is not that enlightened and mutually benevolent.

Comment

• Ok. I know Ive seen the reasoning for the 9 conference games but I have slept since then. Can I get the cliff notes version.

Comment

• You need an even number of teams so that each week, a team has someone to play, and there isn't literally an odd man out. 9 conference games, or any odd number of conference games means that the conference can have the same off dates scheduled. If you have an even number of conference games means the off dates would be different for each team, which makes scheduling out of conference games more difficult. The majority of the open dates on the website are largely within the first month of the season.

All of this is provided that we keep the everybody plays everybody procedure and there are not divisions.

Comment

OSU isn't worried about that either. I know there are more Aggies on your side of the state but it wouldn't put a dent.

Current students might be slightly less likely to travel to the 2 to go to a game. I know several UCO alums that support OU and OSU athletics instead of UCO. But heck doesn't that happen everywhere? An FCS team might get a few more mentions in the local media, that is it.

If any Oklahoma colleges move it would be Langston to the SWAC or Okla City U back to DI. I am not saying either one of those are particularly likely. On the other hand you have that guy from OPSU that thinks this is the 1980s and that the NAIA has a shred of relevancy or marketability. The vast majority of those schools are small private colleges with an enrollment smaller than a 4A high school.

All this to say D2 is a happy medium.
                            You OCU hoes are more arrogant than Texans. You should join the LSC where you can run your big mouths with the best.

Please be advised that the closer it gets to April 15th (or the 18th in some years), the mouthier I get.....

In all seriousness, please have a great weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post

You OCU hoes are more arrogant than Texans. You should join the LSC where you can run your big mouths with the best.

Please be advised that the closer it gets to April 15th (or the 18th in some years), the mouthier I get.....

In all seriousness, please have a great weekend.
                              you hoser, its UCO and don't get your *ss kicked by calling someone a texan.

YOU have a great weekend.

Comment

• Thank you gorilla teacher for the explanation. I don't see the traditionalistwho are obsessed with conf champion going to divisions or to a 9 game conf. I see the logic of the 9 over 11 but I don't see it happening this year without a set scheduling alliance. If I was NW or PiTt I would find the biggest name I could to get the advantage on SOS. Who knows what the rest will Do. I'm just glad for some change

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X