Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
    Thank you gorilla teacher for the explanation. I don't see the traditionalistwho are obsessed with conf champion going to divisions or to a 9 game conf. I see the logic of the 9 over 11 but I don't see it happening this year without a set scheduling alliance. If I was NW or PiTt I would find the biggest name I could to get the advantage on SOS. Who knows what the rest will Do. I'm just glad for some change
    Pitt already has a game set up. In week 9, it's about finding a game period, but they got a pretty good opponent in Sioux Falls.

That's where the odd number of teams come into play. You don't get to choose your bye week.

If I was an MIAA team with a shot at the playoffs, I would not play Lincoln, even if I couldn't find a game. 9-2 with a win against Lincoln will have a worse SOS than 8-2 without playing Lincoln. It might make the difference between making and,missing the playoffs.

Comment

• Seewe are the opposite.we need wins . Wins build momentum and help morale. I went and visited an ex student after our victory over king on last year for homecoming. Thisecwe very happy kids. Just like a weight had been taken off their shoulder. The advantage of one non conf is that it allows programs to have opportunity to achieve different goals

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
        Seewe are the opposite.we need wins . Wins build momentum and help morale. I went and visited an ex student after our victory over king on last year for homecoming. Thisecwe very happy kids. Just like a weight had been taken off their shoulder. The advantage of one non conf is that it allows programs to have opportunity to achieve different goals
        I agree. NSU should stick with Lincoln for a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post

You OCU hoes are more arrogant than Texans. You should join the LSC where you can run your big mouths with the best.

Please be advised that the closer it gets to April 15th (or the 18th in some years), the mouthier I get.....

In all seriousness, please have a great weekend.
          Wow, I don't get what I did to deserve being called a Texan!!

The NAIA never gets mentioned and isn't what it used to be. If anything I have always been trying to give OPSU credit saying they should be lumped in with NWOSU, SWOSU instead of Oklahoma Wesleyan, Bacone, or Southwest Christian.

Go Bronchos!

Comment

• Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

Wow, I don't get what I did to deserve being called a Texan!!

The NAIA never gets mentioned and isn't what it used to be. If anything I have always been trying to give OPSU credit saying they should be lumped in with NWOSU, SWOSU instead of Oklahoma Wesleyan, Bacone, or Southwest Christian.
            You BroncHoes are like Scut Farkus in "A Christmas Story".. You are bullies until somebody stands up to you.

Comment

You BroncHoes are like Scut Farkus in "A Christmas Story".. You are bullies until somebody stands up to you.
              I try to be civil and generally peaceful. But I probably wouldn't if I lived in a town whose biggest spectacle is when someone steals the only stop sign between Guymon and the Texas border.

@JimboSlice Forget ECU, let's play Goodwell JuCo before Stitt gets the idea to pay New Mexico to take the Panhandle off our hands.
              Go Bronchos!

Comment

• I like giving the uco dorks a hard time as much as the next guy, but when you have panhandle U in here telling you that you suck, it's pretty bad. The team they brought to Pitt bitd (05 or 06) was ,bar none, THE worst D2 team I had ever seen, and it's not even close. I know they're naia now, but sheesh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  I like giving the uco dorks a hard time as much as the next guy, but when you have panhandle U in here telling you that you suck, it's pretty bad. The team they brought to Pitt bitd (05 or 06) was ,bar none, THE worst D2 team I had ever seen, and it's not even close. I know they're naia now, but sheesh.
                  worst college campus i have ever seen which includes fayette mo
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Pitt already has a game set up. In week 9, it's about finding a game period, but they got a pretty good opponent in Sioux Falls.

That's where the odd number of teams come into play. You don't get to choose your bye week.

If I was an MIAA team with a shot at the playoffs, I would not play Lincoln, even if I couldn't find a game. 9-2 with a win against Lincoln will have a worse SOS than 8-2 without playing Lincoln. It might make the difference between making and,missing the playoffs.
                    Your numbers are spot on. BUT, the committees are all over the place to playing one more game against a weak opponent vs playing one less game. It's been suggested by some that actually that one more game brings more weight than hurt to the SOS. It'll likely never be proven one way or the other though It's no slam dunk... so I'd always take the game.
                    Last edited by Redwing; 02-05-2023, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Your numbers are spot on. BUT, the committees are all over the place at to playing one more game against a weak opponent vs playing one less game. It's been suggested by some that actually that one more game brings more weight than that hurt to the SOS. It'll likely never be proven one way or the other though but it's no slam dunk... so I'd always take the game.
                      Seemed to benefit NW in 2021 when Lincoln canceled due to Covid...had a better SOS by not playing them.

Comment

• Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Seemed to benefit NW in 2021 when Lincoln canceled due to Covid...had a better SOS by not playing them.
                        I really don't know the details. No doubt that their SOS would be better without playing Lincoln. What I don't know is who did they "jump" with having a better SOS vs having more wins or better w/l record or even just game played. I don't disagree with you point. I'm just saying that it's no absolute as to what is better for a PO spot.... higher SOS or more wins/games played. And it's also not just the w/l of the opponent (SOS), but also 1/3 is the w/l record of the opponent's opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I really don't know the details. No doubt that their SOS would be better without playing Lincoln. What I don't know is who did they "jump" with having a better SOS vs having more wins or better w/l record or even just game played. I don't disagree with you point. I'm just saying that it's no absolute as to what is better for a PO spot.... higher SOS or more wins/games played. And it's also not just the w/l of the opponent (SOS), but also 1/3 is the w/l record of the opponent's opponents.
                          Gotcha...I agree it isn't a guarantee just that it seemed to help then.

Comment

• My perception was that NW was treated exactly the same as if they'd played that game.

Comment

so, stand up wiener boy before your walker breaks.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

I try to be civil and generally peaceful. But I probably wouldn't if I lived in a town whose biggest spectacle is when someone steals the only stop sign between Guymon and the Texas border.

@JimboSlice Forget ECU, let's play Goodwell JuCo before Stitt gets the idea to pay New Mexico to take the Panhandle off our hands.
                                absolutely in. i didnt even know where the damn school was. i had to go to google maps. imagine someone from that school talking sh*t to ANYONE.
                                Last edited by jimbo slice; 02-06-2023, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X