Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shout out to the couple of CHO wrestlers that i know stalk this board. congrats on the teams16th national championship yesterday! 9 out of 10 wrestlers go all-American. freaking outstanding! one of the more dominating wrestling seasons in D2 history. we're proud of you!

Comment

Richison is not happy about the choice that RUSO made for the new UCO president, former Lt. Gov. Todd Lamb. Austerity measures incoming? (I don't mean from a lack of donations.)
      Go Bronchos!

Comment

Also what does "national search" really mean other than being a buzzword?
        Go Bronchos!

Comment

Is Todd Lamb anti-athletics?
          Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
            Is Todd Lamb anti-athletics?
            To be clear, I am neutral on the selection. But if Richison doesn't like it, it gives me pause.

Since Lamb was a player at LaTech, I don't think he would be anti-athletics. I am thinking about the overall health of the university. Neuhold was always trying to cut faculty because of a budget deficit. I think Lamb is savvy enough to not do what Gallogly did at OU, or what Neuhold did previously. On the bright side, he may have some connections to advocate for an increase in funding.

Not to get political or anything, but there is obviously waste in any organization. Higher education institutions are prime examples of duplication, and the fallacy "they have it so we need it too" in many cases. I just don't know where he would plan to cut or consolidate. I don't think he would be fine with just adding university debt like an academic choice would. So cuts will be made. I wonder what he might actually want to cut, and how disruptive it might be.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spor...r/60803300007/
            https://www.southwestledger.news/new...-blasts-choice
            Last edited by UCObluejay; 06-01-2023, 09:09 AM.
            Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

To be clear, I am neutral on the selection. But if Richison doesn't like it, it gives me pause.

Since Lamb was a player at LaTech, I don't think he would be anti-athletics. I am thinking about the overall health of the university. Neuhold was always trying to cut faculty because of a budget deficit. I think Lamb is savvy enough to not do what Gallogly did at OU, or what Neuhold did previously. On the bright side, he may have some connections to advocate for an increase in funding.

Not to get political or anything, but there is obviously waste in any organization. Higher education institutions are prime examples of duplication, and the fallacy "they have it so we need it too" in many cases. I just don't know where he would plan to cut or consolidate. I don't think he would be fine with just adding university debt like an academic choice would. So cuts will be made. I wonder what he might actually want to cut, and how disruptive it might be.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spor...r/60803300007/
              https://www.southwestledger.news/new...-blasts-choice
              I don’t disagree with Richison but also I know how state funding works. It might be beneficial to have a politician with back alley ties to the political establishment. As long as he doesn’t come in an start axeing the football program a la UAB we’ll be fine. This too shall pass.
              Roll Chos!

Comment

I don’t disagree with Richison but also I know how state funding works. It might be beneficial to have a politician with back alley ties to the political establishment. As long as he doesn’t come in an start axeing the football program a la UAB we’ll be fine. This too shall pass.
                UNK's chancellor, Doug Kristensen, was formerly in the unicameral and was speaker of the unicameral before becoming to UNK to become chancellor. Because of that, we've had some better chances at funding over Lincoln and Omaha.

He wasnt as well-versed in academic politics as a university president who has spent their entire career in academia at the start, but he was able to pick it up pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post

UNK's chancellor, Doug Kristensen, was formerly in the unicameral and was speaker of the unicameral before becoming to UNK to become chancellor. Because of that, we've had some better chances at funding over Lincoln and Omaha.

He wasnt as well-versed in academic politics as a university president who has spent their entire career in academia at the start, but he was able to pick it up pretty quick.
                  Successful Uni presidents, or whatever title they have, are all politicians in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post

The unicameral? That’s some backwards Nebraska state government crap. Lol
                    Roll Chos!

Comment

The unicameral? That’s some backwards Nebraska state government crap. Lol
                      There was a state senator a few years back that proposed that we abolish the OK House. I bring this up to also prove a point to the "legislor proposes a new OIC" crowd.
                      Go Bronchos!

Comment

Comment

Fitting, in the latter seasons of Friends, Chandler knew nothing about sports. He also moved to Oklahoma at the end of the series. But nobody asked you!
                          Go Bronchos!

Comment

Fitting, in the latter seasons of Friends, Chandler knew nothing about sports. He also moved to Oklahoma at the end of the series. But nobody asked you!
                            That is really just a gif of him in class at Emporia State. Thankfully for him, Easy State University went ahead and let him graduate.
                            Roll Chos!

Comment

There was a state senator a few years back that proposed that we abolish the OK House. I bring this up to also prove a point to the "legislor proposes a new OIC" crowd.
                              They should move all the OK D2 schools except UCO into one conference, then drop that whole conference back to naia.

Shhhhhh. I'm baiting the GAC people.
                              Last edited by Predatory Primates; 06-09-2023, 05:59 AM.

Comment

That is really just a gif of him in class at Emporia State. Thankfully for him, Easy State University went ahead and let him graduate.
                                I think they actually fired the faculty in his major and then removed his major from their "higher" education curriculum.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X