Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emporia State 2023 recruiting class

https://esuhornets.com/news/2023/2/1...dquarters.aspx

Arguably one of the very best recruiting class Emporia State has ever had.

Second year in a row the staff loaded up on offensive lineman (12 in two classes). Also loaded up on receivers, secondary players and linebackers. Skill positions and further improving team speed was an emphasis.

What stands out to me is the fact the staff took 13 Kansas and 13 Oklahoma. Which is not out of ordinary for ESU but bigger numbers compared to normal. Also did quite well in Colorado, which I think will be a bigger focus going forth.
    Last edited by BartonHornet; 02-03-2023, 09:20 AM.

5th place recruiting class. Behind Pitt, NWMSU, UCO, MOSO.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
      haha.

i DID notice AD has cut into that Oklahoma high school connection this year. still got 14? but the schools seem to be a little smaller and less known than in the past.

i figure all it will take is a 8+ win season and we should be able to block MOST roads into Kansas.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

haha.

i DID notice AD has cut into that Oklahoma high school connection this year. still got 14? but the schools seem to be a little smaller and less known than in the past.

i figure all it will take is a 8+ win season and we should be able to block MOST roads into Kansas.
        LOL. That really isn't how it works anymore. Although, being a new juco type feeder school for OU and OSU might get more kids to stay home.

Comment

Lol sureeee....

Comment

ESU recruits well and has for a while now. They work hard to make hs kids feel wanted, and do so convincingly.

Comment

I'll take 4th place for MOSO. Way higher than we've been in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                ESU recruits well and has for a while now. They work hard to make hs kids feel wanted, and do so convincingly.
                he does. not what im saying. back about 6-8 years ago he was getting big name kids from bigger schools that were just under the OU/OSU/Tulsa radar. those border line kids look to have signed with UCO the last two years. we'll see.

for example, he had the top 3 kids that were left in the state from that 2014 recruiting class on emporias roster. all three of them ended up being 3 and 4 year starters for them.

Comment

LOL. That really isn't how it works anymore. Although, being a new juco type feeder school for OU and OSU might get more kids to stay home.
                  I'm sure you're joking about this statement. OU would never go after one of the UCO kids unless Hes a complete world beater. with their NIL budget now, they are beating players off their stoop with a broom.

its like saying Kansas basketball would recruit a Butler CC freshman.

Comment

I'm sure you're joking about this statement. OU would never go after one of the UCO kids unless Hes a complete world beater. with their NIL budget now, they are beating players off their stoop with a broom.

Yes, except KU is actually good.

Comment

Your exactly right, they just don’t recruit just any player. They got every player they wanted out of Oklahoma, missed on 3 others…as long as Higgins is the coach they will continue to get players from Oklahoma! In fact some other Okla recruits contacted ESU but turned them down because they were full.

UCO has always got the best players out of Oklahoma though…ESU just takes what’s left over and develops their guys.
                      Last edited by mtxe; 02-04-2023, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BartonHornet View Post
                        https://esuhornets.com/news/2023/2/1...dquarters.aspx
                        Arguably one of the very best recruiting class Emporia State has ever had.
                        That is really sad if that is true.
                        Roll Chos!

Comment

KU basketball did get a MOSO player ... but he is riding the bench.

Comment

BartonHornet did Emporia slashing academic departments last semester appear to affect recruiting?

Comment

Not really to be honest. Mainly because ESU got a waiver to allow in-state tuition across the whole country. Not sure if that is something that is permanent but in the coming years it’s going to be a huge help. Not to mention there are facility upgrades coming but it’s not known yet what exactly that entails? Would be a game changer if a indoor facility is built, even if it’s the Fort Hays variety.

So recruiting should only continue to get better.
                              Last edited by BartonHornet; 02-05-2023, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X