Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bearcat-Rickenrode Stadium ... remind me, was there talk on this message board during this past football season that there were potential structural issues with the West Grandstand? I do seem to recall at least a couple comments that it should be demolished and rebuilt.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

I thought I'd heard those four schools had a big advantage for those reasons...If NW moved up, I don't know that'd we'd add much if any to our fan base or get that current fan base to spend more money or donate more just for a move up...I don't really ever hear any complaining from fan base about wanting us to be D1, seems most are perfectly happy with D2. I know I am.
      A fun imaginary FCS football conference would be UNI, N. Dakota St., N. Dakota, S. Dakota, S. Dakota St., NW, Pitt St., Missouri St., UCO and UNO (bringing football back to Omaha).
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power
      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
        I do seem to recall at least a couple comments that it should be demolished and rebuilt.
        Do you often take edibles and browse the message board?

Comment

Nw could move up if a few things were different. They do have an athletic budget that is within a fcs range. They have alum support and would have a regional base to develop support . Things that hurt. Maryville being small. St Joseph having mo west . If nw was in St Joe then you could see nwmsu doing it. Or if nw was a bit closer to kc metro to pull attendance to non FB or BB sports. The football conf that is a natural fit is MVFC but that is not what they would want and lack of wins would neutralize the advantages they do have. So I don't think it's to nw advantage. Lindewood can do it because it is in a metro that doesn't have a strong university in it and have developed a strong non money sport .

Comment

NW would dominate at the FCS level and if they really wanted to move up they would. I doubt it take that long to come up with the money to move up either.

Comment

Originally posted by UISguy23 View Post
              NW would dominate at the FCS level and if they really wanted to move up they would. I doubt it take that long to come up with the money to move up either.
              Man you really don't understand the lay of the land.

Comment

Brandon i understand it more than most people on here. I consistently read and study this crap. I know what goes on or what must happen for teams to be able to reclassify.

Comment

Brandon i understand it more than most people on here. I consistently read and study this crap. I know what goes on or what must happen for teams to be able to reclassify.
                  some how i can believe this lol

Comment

Part of a jump of that magnitude is strong permanent leadership within your administration. Something that you dont spring on an interim president and whichever president that you will hire in the weeks to come

Comment

Have you ever stepped foot in Maryville?

Are you one of those weird dudes that just wants to see schools move all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Have you ever stepped foot in Maryville?

Are you one of those weird dudes that just wants to see schools move all the time?
                        Honestly believe most of the MIAA are fairly well suited for D2 especially with the respective cities that they’re in.

Missouri with a ton of FCS teams with Missouri state, southeastern and lindenwood. NW with biggest following and success but I think finding the money to foot the bill would be extremely tough.

Think there’s definitely room in the state of Kansas for a FCS football team but don’t see any of the four with aspirations of moving up currently. Think Pitt has the most tradition but I think finding money to foot the bill would be tough. Washburn is stuck between both of the fbs teams. Hays is in BFE and while the Bickles and Schmidt’s have ponied up a ton of money don’t think they could handle the FCS jump. Emporia honestly isn’t a terrible location as relatively close to Wichita and out of the shadow of KU Kstate but don’t know about financials.

UCO based off the people on the board here seem to have no current FCS aspirations but think from a location and resources could consider it at some point.

as for UNK look no further than UNO and being forced to drop wrestling and football when they made the jump.

Comment

the league has lost more than one school to d1 that belongs in d2 so the possibility always exists regardless of how we view the sensibility of it in each prospective instance.

co now has d1 facilities. look around & tell me how many d2 schools are operating under those parameters w/ no aspirations of moving up. their fans' that post here's opinions not w/ standing........i'm plugged into nwms & i think i "might" find out before the masses. time reveals all & when it becomes public information in 2029 i'm sure to be too humble to bring this post up.
                          Last edited by northwest missouri state; 02-26-2023, 05:11 PM.
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

welcome to the board.
                            if your analysis of nwms w/ respect to this issue is any indicator of the above i don't believe you.
                            having said that idk anything so you have that going for you.
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
                              Bearcat-Rickenrode Stadium ... remind me, was there talk on this message board during this past football season that there were potential structural issues with the West Grandstand? I do seem to recall at least a couple comments that it should be demolished and rebuilt.
                              they had to repair the stairs on that side & it's a significant cost but nothing like a full demo. i didn't get to a home game ty so idk where we're at in the process. it was something about the steel rusting out iirc. probl b/c the first contractor was a degenerate but idr all the deets.
                              Go Bearcats!
                              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

they had to repair the stairs on that side & it's a significant cost but nothing like a full demo. i didn't get to a home game ty so idk where we're at in the process. it was something about the steel rusting out iirc. probl b/c the first contractor was a degenerate but idr all the deets.
                                It's my understanding the replacement stairs they bought were not constructed properly...fighting with contractor to get them replaced. Haven't heard anything recently on any timeline

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X