Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

It's my understanding the replacement stairs they bought were not constructed properly...fighting with contractor to get them replaced. Haven't heard anything recently on any timeline
    My understanding was that the second replacement had already started.

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post

Honestly believe most of the MIAA are fairly well suited for D2 especially with the respective cities that they’re in.

Missouri with a ton of FCS teams with Missouri state, southeastern and lindenwood. NW with biggest following and success but I think finding the money to foot the bill would be extremely tough.

Think there’s definitely room in the state of Kansas for a FCS football team but don’t see any of the four with aspirations of moving up currently. Think Pitt has the most tradition but I think finding money to foot the bill would be tough. Washburn is stuck between both of the fbs teams. Hays is in BFE and while the Bickles and Schmidt’s have ponied up a ton of money don’t think they could handle the FCS jump. Emporia honestly isn’t a terrible location as relatively close to Wichita and out of the shadow of KU Kstate but don’t know about financials.

UCO based off the people on the board here seem to have no current FCS aspirations but think from a location and resources could consider it at some point.

as for UNK look no further than UNO and being forced to drop wrestling and football when they made the jump.
      If an fcs school emerged out of KS, my money would be on the shockers starting football back up. It seems to get brought up every few years, and I could see it happening eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

they had to repair the stairs on that side & it's a significant cost but nothing like a full demo. i didn't get to a home game ty so idk where we're at in the process. it was something about the steel rusting out iirc. probl b/c the first contractor was a degenerate but idr all the deets.
        From the way it was described, the original stairs were a flawed design. Concrete filled steel pan stairs don't belong in weather exposed conditions. They rust out every time. You can slow that process by galvanizing them, but you will still have to replace them eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

From the way it was described, the original stairs were a flawed design. Concrete filled steel pan stairs don't belong in weather exposed conditions. They rust out every time. You can slow that process by galvanizing them, but you will still have to replace them eventually.
          Originally the west side was to be totally enclosed. But they left it open and the steps exposed to the elements. They had temp steps up last year while working on replacing the damage ones.
          Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

If an fcs school emerged out of KS, my money would be on the shockers starting football back up. It seems to get brought up every few years, and I could see it happening eventually.
            I was thinking WSU too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

My understanding was that the second replacement had already started.
              I haven't driven past to look lately.

Comment

If Wichita State was to restart football, the American Athletic Conference might have something to say about their affiliation.
                Go Bronchos!

Comment

Ye I don’t see wsu adding football. Think they’re fairly comfortable with having basketball (despite a down year) volleyball and track be the bragging points of their university. Football just means money gets shunted away in this new nil world imo

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
                    Ye I don’t see wsu adding football. Think they’re fairly comfortable with having basketball (despite a down year) volleyball and track be the bragging points of their university. Football just means money gets shunted away in this new nil world imo
                    Renderings show that Cessna is looking more towards Soccer and not football. Any developments might require a new stadium

https://www.kwch.com/2022/09/26/wich...um-renovation/

Comment

Hell GVSU cant even get NWMSU to play them in the open week what makes you think they are ready for FCS...LOL J>K come on...but GVSU faces the same questions. Moving up for what? You are gonna suck for 4-5 years, spend a lot of money and will it really make your programs better? To do it right the number I heard a bit ago at GVSU was about 15 million...Lubbers Stadium was fine as is mostly...just increase in travel costs, scholarships of course and then coaching salaries are going to rise...I have no clue about the other schools but for me...and its just my opinion unless you really have a money, time, leadership and drive to move up..well...its not gonna be as easy as most think. Lindenwood is in OVC...they would get killed in the Missouri Valley and most others...no thank you. Lets fix regional seedings first and make D2 work the way it could...MIAA commissioner has the plan...lets F iing GO!

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                        Hell GVSU cant even get NWMSU to play them in the open week what makes you think they are ready for FCS...LOL J>K come on...but GVSU faces the same questions. Moving up for what? You are gonna suck for 4-5 years, spend a lot of money and will it really make your programs better? To do it right the number I heard a bit ago at GVSU was about 15 million...Lubbers Stadium was fine as is mostly...just increase in travel costs, scholarships of course and then coaching salaries are going to rise...I have no clue about the other schools but for me...and its just my opinion unless you really have a money, time, leadership and drive to move up..well...its not gonna be as easy as most think. Lindenwood is in OVC...they would get killed in the Missouri Valley and most others...no thank you. Lets fix regional seedings first and make D2 work the way it could...MIAA commissioner has the plan...lets F iing GO!
                        I was under the impression that GV turned down NW.

Comment

I was under the impression that GV turned down NW.
                          They may or may not have... for this season. Just too many tough matchups this season, IMO. I do wonder if they are exploring it for future years though. And they should.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

They may or may not have... for this season. Just too many tough matchups this season, IMO. I do wonder if they are exploring it for future years though. And they should.
                            They could do Week Zero 2023 somewhere between Grand Rapids and Maryville. Find two other teams and have a week zero double header. That would be fun.

Comment

They could do Week Zero 2023 somewhere between Grand Rapids and Maryville. Find two other teams and have a week zero double header. That would be fun.
                              That does sound like a blast. but I suspect neither team would go for it.... giving up home gate revenues and still incurring some travel costs. It would be a quality game for both and not an airplane ride. Not only that, but GV opens AT Mines this year. Then CSU at home. Though Mines opened with GV and Angelo last season. But man, that's a grind for any team, let alone one with a rookie head coach.

Just imagine a GV/NW FSU/PSU twin bill... maybe in Indy?

I would definitely make the trip.. but I can be a bit of an odd duck in that regard. Doesn't hurt to think about it though.
                              Last edited by Redwing; 03-01-2023, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Week zero? D2 schools can't start playing until Sept. 1. You'd have to get a waiver to play Aug. 26 and start camp a week earlier.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X