Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWU All-American Tyler Hasty not on 2018 Roster

Anyone know the inside scoop why this is? Last year he was listed as a junior. Is he still on the team?

Re: CWU All-American Tyler Hasty not on 2018 Roster

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    Anyone know the inside scoop why this is? Last year he was listed as a junior. Is he still on the team?
    I did a quick google search and found nothing except from 2013 when he was dismissed from OSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
      I did a quick google search and found nothing except from 2013 when he was dismissed from OSU.
      If he's been in school since 2013, perhaps he graduated.

Comment

Okay I think he figured it out.

He redshirted at OSU in 2012
        2013 was his redshirt freshman year when he was dismissed from the team but then played at Santa Monica
        2014 sophomore at Santa Monica
        Did not play anywhere in 2015
        2016- Redshirted at CWU. He came to CWU to finish his degree and then he decided to join the football team.
        2017- Saw his 3rd season of football action. But he had already redshirted twice and did not play in 2015, so I assume he had no eligibility remaining perhaps?

That must be the case then. So really last year he should've been listed as a senior. And I assume he must've just graduated then.

Pretty incredible athlete to play 2 years of JUCO, take 2 years off, and then play NCAA DII and be a 1st team AP All-American with 8 interceptions.

Comment

Okay I think he figured it out.

He redshirted at OSU in 2012
          2013 was his redshirt freshman year when he was dismissed from the team but then played at Santa Monica
          2014 sophomore at Santa Monica
          Did not play anywhere in 2015
          2016- Redshirted at CWU. He came to CWU to finish his degree and then he decided to join the football team.
          2017- Saw his 3rd season of football action. But he had already redshirted twice and did not play in 2015, so I assume he had no eligibility remaining perhaps?

That must be the case then. So really last year he should've been listed as a senior. And I assume he must've just graduated then.

Pretty incredible athlete to play 2 years of JUCO, take 2 years off, and then play NCAA DII and be a 1st team AP All-American with 8 interceptions.
          Which is interesting considering in April they were considering him being on the team next year. I wonder if the NCAA and CWU had talks after he was at spring practices.

Comment

He wasn't at spring practices but is expected back this fall. We will see. You never know. Penny isn't on the roster too.

Comment

D2 rules are by semester, many athletes sit out spring to keep their eligibility for fall. They can't practice or lift with the team in the spring, and won't be listed on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderwolves Fan View Post
                D2 rules are by semester, many athletes sit out spring to keep their eligibility for fall. They can't practice or lift with the team in the spring, and won't be listed on the roster.
                Thank you! That makes this make a lot more sense and why it was reported he'd be back this fall in April.

Comment

He's on the roster now.

Comment

I sat next to Hasty's dad at a couple games. He's pretty intense when it comes to his boy's play.

Comment

Yeah I see him there now

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                        I sat next to Hasty's dad at a couple games. He's pretty intense when it comes to his boy's play.
                        I have sat through many, many, many of Mikes games. Always tried to remain pretty low key. Prolly helped that I coached for 40 years. Not very much that I have not seen on the football field. Take it as it comes.

Peace

Comment

Perhaps another player just not added to the roster yet, but All-GNAC 1st Team defensive lineman Christian Penny is not on the current roster, either.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X