Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eskimos vs. Lions

The CFL game today features both coaches and QB's miked up for the telecast. Interesting to listen to the play calls and the coaches' reactions and chatter!! Mike Reilly is already looking dominant!!
    I hope some of the GNAC brethren can pick up the live game feed!!

Re: Eskimos vs. Lions

Originally posted by SINGLE MALT View Post
    The CFL game today features both coaches and QB's miked up for the telecast. Interesting to listen to the play calls and the coaches' reactions and chatter!! Mike Reilly is already looking dominant!!
    I hope some of the GNAC brethren can pick up the live game feed!!
    On ESPN2 here south of your border, Reilly really looking good tonight for sure like you said. Seahawks also in a pre-season game so switching channels, but their starters are now out so less reason to watch.

I hope you heard Seattle got the contractor taken care of on the arena deal to 're-model' Key Arena for the start of a new NHL rivalry. It sounds more like the 're-model' on Black Hall at CWU in the 90's.

Comment

Some really good football in the Lion vs Eskimos so far!!
      I sure hope that if Seattle wants in the NHL, they really do a big remodel of Key Arena and I mean a major job not just a cosmetic one because current NHL arenas are like the NFL ones. Very fancy with all the amenities, great seating and great food!!
      Seattle fans are used to great facilities and likely won't show up at Sub par places!!!

Comment

Some really good football in the Lion vs Eskimos so far!!
        I sure hope that if Seattle wants in the NHL, they really do a big remodel of Key Arena and I mean a major job not just a cosmetic one because current NHL arenas are like the NFL ones. Very fancy with all the amenities, great seating and great food!!
        Seattle fans are used to great facilities and likely won't show up at Sub par places!!!
        Speaking of stadium remodels, any news on SFU's remodel of the slippery slope up on top of the mountain?

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
          Speaking of stadium remodels, any news on SFU's remodel of the slippery slope up on top of the mountain?
          They keep saying that the shovels will be in the ground this year!! But then, we have all heard that before!! When I was playing in the late sixties we had beautiful picture of what the stadium would look like.....but it was never built. When I was coaching, we had another beautiful picture in the coaches meeting room and I coached there from 2006-12 and then retired, but.....the stadium was never built!! Maybe before I die......Maybe!!!!
          Last edited by SINGLE MALT; 08-11-2018, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Bighill 7 tackles, sack, forced fumble tonight vs Hamilton!

Comment

Isn't former SFU standout Jordan Herdman on the BC squad?

Comment

They keep saying that the shovels will be in the ground this year!! But then, we have all heard that before!! When I was playing in the late sixties we had beautiful picture of what the stadium would look like.....but it was never built. When was coaching, we had another beautiful picture in the coaches meeting room and I coached there from 2006-12 and then retired, but.....the stadium was never built!! Maybe before I die......Maybe!!!!
                I'm going to come up for the CWU game this year. I guess I can look forward to sliding down the hill then.

Comment

With Solomon Elimimian out with wrist surgery, Jordan Herdman has been the starting Mac for the last 3 games!! He is doing really well too!!!!
                  His twin brother, Justin is with the Toronto Argonauts!

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                    If and when they begin stadium construction, SFU will go back to playing games at Swangard Stadium until the "new stadium" is ready!!
                    (or so they say!!)

Comment

With Solomon Elimimian out with wrist surgery, Jordan Herdman has been the starting Mac for the last 3 games!! He is doing really well too!!!!
                      In one game he had 12 tackles vs Ottawa. He will be like Mike Reilly. Hiding as a backup in BC before breaking out somewhere and becoming a star

Comment

If and when they begin stadium construction, SFU will go back to playing games at Swangard Stadium until the "new stadium" is ready!!
                        (or so they say!!)
                        We CWU fans know that feeling all too well. This time though, shovels did go in the ground!

Here's an article from July 31st in the Seattle Times about Key Arena for you to read with a couple of pictures. I like the changes that are proposed for sure as we actually have that below ground level ice in our small 6,000 seat Toyota Center and it works well. https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-skanska-hunt/

Comment

[QUOTE
                          Here's an article from July 31st in the Seattle Times about Key Arena for you to read with a couple of pictures. I like the changes that are proposed for sure as we actually have that below ground level ice in our small 6,000 seat Toyota Center and it works well. https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-skanska-hunt/[/QUOTE]

Sounds very impressive!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X