• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke in WA

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/new...b7ad8fecb.html

Man, the west is covered in smoke!

Re: Smoke in WA

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    Hope you guys get some rain & put those fires out.

Comment

Sorry for the smoke folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
        The smoke from those fires has reached us here in East Texas. Its bad enough here, cant imagine what its like close to the fires.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
          Hope you guys get some rain & put those fires out.
          It's from our fires in British Columbia courtesy of PM Turd-eau.

Comment

Originally posted by Highway Grill View Post
            It's from our fires in British Columbia courtesy of PM Turd-eau.
            There are fires all over the west. In my state, Montana, we have several larger complex fires going on. It was cool last night with a low of 42F, and a bit of rain. A friend of mine works for the Interagency Fire Center in Boise. He always says that the fires will be out when it snows.

Comment

CWU scrim in Yakima canceled tomorrow. Team will be at Dempsey Indoor pavilion at UW instead, but will be closed to the public

Comment

Quit being so Damn Canadian and apologizing for everything!!! There are fires throughout the Northwest U.S. and in B.C. as well!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SINGLE MALT View Post
                  Quit being so Damn Canadian and apologizing for everything!!! There are fires throughout the Northwest U.S. and in B.C. as well!!!!
                  I thought the default was "Blame Canada"

But seriously, the Space Needle is missing, and the sun is red, is this the end times?

Comment

Originally posted by SINGLE MALT View Post
                    We were getting smoke from California too. They took to smoking weed a bit too much.

Comment

We had a fire come into the Tri-Cities and destroy 5 homes while damaging 3 others. I saw about it only in our local media and Spokane's after driving down to Oregon to see relatives and seeing the black on the hills going into Kennewick and wondered if it had hit the city.

The smoke cleared a little yesterday, but is back this morning. I had to leave the coast from vacation as the smoke was too thick to enjoy the beaches and even Portland was quite smokey along with the whole I-5 corridor.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                        We had a fire come into the Tri-Cities and destroy 5 homes while damaging 3 others. I saw about it only in our local media and Spokane's after driving down to Oregon to see relatives and seeing the black on the hills going into Kennewick and wondered if it had hit the city.

The smoke cleared a little yesterday, but is back this morning. I had to leave the coast from vacation as the smoke was too thick to enjoy the beaches and even Portland was quite smokey along with the whole I-5 corridor.
                        Seattle weather says it should clear by the weekend. The wind has blown what has drifted over the sound back eastward.

Comment

I miss the old Pacific Northwest: fewer fires, less smoke, and a lot less people.

Comment

We have had a lot of smoke in Minnesota from fires in Canada. Sunsets have been spectacular, the moon looks orange, and they have health warnings all the way to the Minnesota River. One day it looked like an eclipse was going on. It helped when we had several inches of rain to clear things up.

Comment

Originally posted by da_miner View Post
                              Seattle weather says it should clear by the weekend. The wind has blown what has drifted over the sound back eastward.
                              That's a lot different than here as there is a mountain range in the way. While they get 300 days of rain a year, we get 300 days of sun a year where I live and temps near 110 in the summer. Right now visibility is only about a mile or so.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X