Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC Pick'em: Week 4

On we go to week 4. 3 conference games again this week. The first is CWU visits the slippery slope at Simon Fraser. Azusa Pacific visits the newly Division Oned North Alabama. Finally, Western Oregon goes down to Humboldt (sad trombone) for the final time.

In our bonus games, we have CSU-Pueblo visiting the champs of TAMU-Commerce, Adams State at Western State in the Someone's Gotta Win Bowl, and the Battle for Sioux Falls with Sioux Falls at Augustana.

Make your selections here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link

CWU (2-1)@
    SFU (1-2)
    6pm

APU (3-0)@
    UNA (2-1)
    3pm

WOU (0-3)@
    HSU (0-2)
    6pm

CSU-P (2-1)@
    TAMUC (3-0)
    4pm

ASU (1-2)@
    WSCU (0-3)
    1pm

Sioux Falls (2-1)@
    Augustana (2-1)
    11am

Re: GNAC Pick'em: Week 4

Get your analytics here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F.../viewanalytics

Comment

Was a tough road trip for our young lads and definitely a learning experience going on a long road trip. Justin Seiber gives us a legit quarterback of the future. I think Richardson will start again against CWU with Seiber seeing some playing time. But after the Central game I see Justin starting the rest of the season.

I still think we have a very good chance of sweeping Western Oregon and Humboldt State this year
      Last edited by Highway Grill; 09-17-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

CWU 45, SFU 12: The Wildcats are flat-out good this year and have built quite a program. I can see them running the table the rest of the way. SFU is still in rebuilding mode, though getting better.

North Alabama 37, Azusa Pacific 17: Great chance for the Cougars to get an upset. Unfortunately, UNA has moved up to FCS and probably has a healthier scholarship amount.

WOU 27, Humboldt 24: WOU has played well in two of its three losses; Humboldt is only down because of the insane decision to drop football. This is a toss-up. The only sure bet is that the HSU president and A.D. won't be at the game.

TAMUC 37,CSU-Pueblo 24: Great matchup of the 2014 champs (CSU-P) vs. last year's champions. I'll go with the home team here, and that Pueblo lost a tough conference game last week.

Western State 27, Adams State 21: The battle between two track and field/cross country powerhouses, but this is on the gridiron. The Mountaineers have the highest-elevation school in America, which shouldn't affect Adams, which isn't at sea level. I'll go with the home team.

Augustana 36,Sioux Falls 30: Fine Midwest battle, again I'll take the hosts not knowing much about either team.

Comment

CWU folks. I'm curious of how you see your team this year. I see a defense that's nowhere near as good as last year's. And a offense that's currently struggling. Run blocking and running backs are outstanding. But wide receivers and quarterback are not hitting on all cylinders yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Highway Grill View Post
            CWU folks. I'm curious of how you see your team this year. I see a defense that's nowhere near as good as last year's. And a offense that's currently struggling. Run blocking and running backs are outstanding. But wide receivers and quarterback are not hitting on all cylinders yet.
            It's really hard to tell how CWU is compared to last year, for me anyway. The defense seems to have dropped off some, but the running game is better. Hennessy really hasn't been asked to do much outside of the EWU game, so I don't think there's a problem there. We will see. SFU seems to have improved some. They have some fight that wasn't there last year.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
              It's really hard to tell how CWU is compared to last year, for me anyway. The defense seems to have dropped off some, but the running game is better. Hennessy really hasn't been asked to do much outside of the EWU game, so I don't think there's a problem there. We will see. SFU seems to have improved some. They have some fight that wasn't there last year.
              I think we won't truly know till the APU game, as that was extremely close at APU last year. EWU isn't a good judge as they put up more than any team on WSU so far this year and CWU had lost practices due to the smoke.

Comment

Doing a little better on the responses this week, but still missing some. Get your picks in!

No one seems to be giving HSU much of a chance against WOU. I would think it'd be a little more split than that. HSU is at home, and the players still have pride to play for.

Comment

Wow, even the pick 'em thread in the middle of football season is dead. Not a lot of sports passion in the west.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                    Wow, even the pick 'em thread in the middle of football season is dead. Not a lot of sports passion in the west.
                    We're almost up to our normal level of respondents. Guess no one has anything to say?

Comment

We're almost up to our normal level of respondents. Guess no one has anything to say?
                      I'll say I picked WOU for two reasons. The first, the common game in CWU where both defenses allowed similar points, but WOU's offense could score. The second is the way they played against APU for three quarters showed they really want to play better and get a win and I think they can at the Redwood Bowl.

Shall we say congratulations to both the Browns and SFU for finally winning a game this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                        I'll say I picked WOU for two reasons. The first, the common game in CWU where both defenses allowed similar points, but WOU's offense could score. The second is the way they played against APU for three quarters showed they really want to play better and get a win and I think they can at the Redwood Bowl.

Shall we say congratulations to both the Browns and SFU for finally winning a game this season?
                        I'm still chaffed at Tweedle-Dumb & Tweedle-Dork for cutting HSU football. Freaking amazing. Can't the alums run those two out of town?

Idaho went down a level and won't move back up, but the boosters did get the president fired in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I'll tell ya what. Browns fans and SFU fans, those are true fans. If they can endure what they did and still keep rooting for them, then they really do care about the teams.

Comment

I'll tell ya what. Browns fans and SFU fans, those are true fans. If they can endure what they did and still keep rooting for them, then they really do care about the teams.
                            And Mariner fans? *grumbles about a bad end to the season after building a huge lead*

Comment

University of South Carolina fans pack it in to the tune of 80k-85K a game, even when they were sucking at 2-win levels. Impressive support.

On the flip side, Stanford rarely sells out 50K and they have been lights out, dominant for a decade. It's the West Coast, dude! Where's my surf board?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X