Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs?!?

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    If they end up at CSUP or The Mines, I would think about a road trip. Could also get to the DFW area pretty cheaply on a flight.
    Road trip in the Rockies in late November/early December.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
      Road trip in the Rockies in late November/early December.
      Fly! I've flown into Denver in February and it sure is beautiful coming down over the Rockies. There are even 2 daily flights from here in Pasco, so you wouldn't even need to head over the pass!

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
        GNAC is down.......CWU looks dominant, but I'd compromise to say they're just solid this year. CWU is huge WTAMU fans. LSC looks like a real logjam in the top three teams of MW, TAMUC, Tarleton, with WT right behind. Everything goes through Mankato right now. Great crowd on Saturday in Eburg. Hope for the same this weekend.

Comment

Every year? 2012 was a number one seed. 2013 was a #2 seed and they dropped the first game. 2014 was a #2 seed. 2015 was a #2 seed and they dropped the first round game. 2016, did not make the playoffs. Last year was questionable seeding as they received a #2 seed and CWU got the #1. I think that might have been an NCAA statement about silo scheduling. So I can go with one year they got screwed, but not every year.
          Last edited by Runnin' Cat; 10-15-2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Every year? 2012 was a number one seed. 2013 was a #2 seed and they dropped the first game. 2014 was a #2 seed. 2015 was a #2 seed and they dropped the first round game. 2016, did not make the playoffs. Last year was questionable seeding as they received a #2 seed and CWU got the #1. I think that might have been an NCAA statement about silo scheduling. So I can go with one year they got screwed, but not every eyar.

Comment

I didn't think you were degrading CWU. Interesting theory on the travel!

I think the conference only scheduling is going to hurt conferences going forward. And poll rankings have nothing to do with the Regional Rankings.

I am almost as upset about last year as I am about 2009.

Comment

I didn't think you were degrading CWU. Interesting theory on the travel!

I think the conference only scheduling is going to hurt conferences going forward. And poll rankings have nothing to do with the Regional Rankings.

I am almost as upset about last year as I am about 2009.
                I agree on conference scheduling. The NSIC needs to have less teams. Hopefully the increase of scholarship limits will drive the move to different conferences. Also hopefully Auggie moves up to D1 and crookston moves down to D3!

Comment

CWU did kind of prove they earned their seed. They gave TAMUC their biggest challenge on the way to their championship. Really, CWU should have beat them, but for their coach going brain dead.

Comment

Central is going to regret not playing Texas A&M Kingsville. That single game might keep them at home during the playoffs. Especially after APU got throttled on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
                      GNAC is down.......CWU looks dominant, but I'd compromise to say they're just solid this year. CWU is huge WTAMU fans. LSC looks like a real logjam in the top three teams of MW, TAMUC, Tarleton, with WT right behind. Everything goes through Mankato right now. Great crowd on Saturday in Eburg. Hope for the same this weekend.
                      WT will be lucky to win 1 more game this season. After playing eastern they are beat up. They have Commerce, Midwestern and kingsville with kingsville looking like the only winnable game, but if Duke Carter cant come back its going to be a tall order.
                      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post
                        Central is going to regret not playing Texas A&M Kingsville. That single game might keep them at home during the playoffs. Especially after APU got throttled on Saturday.

Comment

Probably around a 2018 Acura RDX for playing Eastern Washington. Not worth losing a D2 out of conference game. Central wins out they'll be either the first team left out or the last team to make it in I'm assuming.

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post
                            Probably around a 2018 Acura RDX for playing Eastern Washington. Not worth losing a D2 out of conference game. Central wins out they'll be either the first team left out or the last team to make it in I'm assuming.
                            And not paying rental fees for a field most likely too, but that may have been made up in travel costs with fuel prices on going twice as far to Spokane area instead of Seattle area. I'd love to see CWU do a game at Pasco's stadium some September, about same distance as Seattle and no pass to travel over. Give a chance for the east side alumns to have a shorter drive.

Here's a picture for those that have never seen it:

Before people ask, yes the street is at the same level as the top of the bowl.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X