Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC Attendance

I am curious about attendance all over the D2 world. Last year I did an RMAC attendance thread, in which I listed the attendance of every game played in an RMAC stadium every week and I also listed all RMAC teams ranked based on home attendance, updated weekly. I am wondering if anyone here wants to do a GNAC attendance thread? The attendance is almost always listed in boxscores posted online on teams' athletic websites. I will check back here to see if anyone does this. If anyone would like an idea of how this might look, you can check out last year's RMAC attendance thread which I started and updated weekly.

??????https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...tendance/page4

Okay, here's the GNAC one for Week 1:

CWU @ Idaho: 5905 (Played in a FCS Kibble dome, probably be close to that in Ellensburg next Saturday)
    WOU @ ASU: 3230 (Expected more out of a Texas team)
    APU @ WTAM: 10145 (First game in brand new Texas Cathedral to Football)
    SFU @ PSU: 3217 (Played in Hillsboro, which is a long ways from campus, for some reason)

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
      Okay, here's the GNAC one for Week 1:

CWU @ Idaho: 5905 (Played in a FCS Kibble dome, probably be close to that in Ellensburg next Saturday)
      WOU @ ASU: 3230 (Expected more out of a Texas team)
      APU @ WTAM: 10145 (First game in brand new Texas Cathedral to Football)
      SFU @ PSU: 3217 (Played in Hillsboro, which is a long ways from campus, for some reason)
      Thanks... but no GNAC home games so far... I guess when half the conference plays FCS schools that will reduce the likelihood that the conference will have a home game.

Comment

GNAC Week 2:
        FSU @ CWU: 5818 (pretty good for school not being in session)
        SFU @ ASU: 3722 (I thought Texas liked football...)
        WTAMC @ WOU: 2890 (not bad for WOU)
        APU @ MSTU: 2351 (got no idea about this one)

Comment

GNAC Week 2:
          WTAMC @ WOU: 2890 (not bad for WOU)
          APU @ MSTU: 2351 (got no idea about this one)
          Kind of surprised CWU announced 5818. Lots of people there though. Happy to see that.

Would like to see WOU average 3k/ game.

Comment

GNAC Week 2:
            But they don't care for blowouts vs the worst team in D2.

As for CWU, very good number for not having students. Huge following from alumni and the towns folk of the Burg

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

As for CWU, very good number for not having students. Huge following from alumni and the towns folk of the Burg
              You are 100% correct. Most fans who follow their team knows what to expect before showing up.

Now, in the case of Angelo State 3 to 5k is there typical crowd.

WT can hit the 10k before they start losing and then crowds diminish

TAMUC & Tarleton are around 8k plus crowds

TAMUK also used to be in the 8 to 10k range, but with the decline in their program they usually no longer achieve these numbers

if UTPB could field a decent program you would see 8k plus at their games

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

It was the same crowd as their home opener against WOU.

Considering that 6k is pretty much capacity at CWU's stadium, it was really good.
                Last edited by IronOre; 09-17-2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Okay, Week three.

CWU @ WNMU: 392 (Totally not missing a 0 here)
                  SDMU @ SFU: 866 (Played at Swangard due to Slippery Slope demolition. Pretty good for them, actually)
                  WOU @ APU: 2348 (Can't remember if this is good or bad for APU)

Comment

40-50 at the CWU-WNMU were CWU fans. WNMU fans were great to all of us who were there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post
                      40-50 at the CWU-WNMU were CWU fans. WNMU fans were great to all of us who were there.
                      You went? Did CWU fans outnumber the WNMU fans?

Comment

Yes I was there but no on us outnumbering them. I would say 392 is pretty low. More like 750-800 but many of them never left the parking lot. They could tailgate and never need to go in because you could watch from the parking lot.

Comment

We all bonded by yelling at the refs. The were horrible but at least they made an equal number of no calls between us on very obvious penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post
                            Yes I was there but no on us outnumbering them. I would say 392 is pretty low. More like 750-800 but many of them never left the parking lot. They could tailgate and never need to go in because you could watch from the parking lot.
                            Well, that explains the 392. I don't blame them for not paying to go in if they could watch for free.

Comment

Okay, Week three.

CWU @ WNMU: 392 (Totally not missing a 0 here)
                              SDMU @ SFU: 866 (Played at Swangard due to Slippery Slope demolition. Pretty good for them, actually)
                              WOU @ APU: 2348 (Can't remember if this is good or bad for APU)
                              The Clan changing facilities?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X