Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cougars on the board with a 35-yard FG. 7-3 WT, 11:30 to go first half.

I had no idea what to expect from the kicking game this year going in, so that's a good sign to start. New kicker (graduated), new holder (transferred), new long snapper (NFL).

Comment

Huge turn of events there. 4th and 6, WT punts, APU called for running into the kicker. They took the penalty to make it 4th and 1, went for it...and got stuffed. Cougar ball at the Buffs' 44, still down 7-3.

Comment

Yeah, still no video but they've updated the message on the site that says, "There is an issue playing your stream. Try reloading the page." which I have done - over and over again to no avail.
        It only costs &5 but it is infuriating.

Comment

Stump, are you getting the video? I can't even get the audio by itself.

Comment

Audio finally working, midway through the 2nd. Didn't want to risk paying in case something like this happened.

Comment

I was just describing what may have been going on based on the stats, like re-creating baseball games back in the heyday of radio. My next move was to pretend we had a weather delay.

Comment

Originally posted by SGAstumpJ View Post
                I was just describing what may have been going on based on the stats, like re-creating baseball games back in the heyday of radio. My next move was to pretend we had a weather delay.
                I've heard of the Mariner's announcer describing his describing of the "road games" when he was a double A announcer. He was surprised no one noticed when he'd play the crowd cheering when the team he announced for scored and he'd play cheers instead of jeers.

In Portland, Clan down now 64-7. Starting QB and two running backs now hurt for SFU, but their punter did manage a 63 yard punt. I remember my very first college game I went to growing up was a soccer game between these two schools that SFU won that my kiddie coach took our team to.

Comment

Cougars get inside the 5 but can't punch it in. Another FG cuts the deficit to 7-6, less than a minute until halftime.

Make that 7-6 at the half.

Comment

Cougars stuff the Buffaloes on 4th down to open the 2nd half and are driving.

Comment

Drive stalls out just shy of the 20, leading to the 3rd FG of the game. Cougars lead 9-7, 9 minutes left in the 3rd.

Comment

Still 9-7. Cougars forced a turnover, but couldn't do anything with it. The running game just hasn't done anything tonight.

Comment

And the Cougars finally find the end zone. Williams with a 23-yard TD pass to Brandon Jackson. 16-7 Cougars, 4:12 to go in the 3rd.

Comment

Apparently the Cougars scoring is what is took to wake WT up. Big kick return, then a two-play drive. WT right back in this one, it's 16-14.

Comment

So. Who will be starter for CWU??? Time to find out!

Comment

Stats have stopped working for the moment. Now hoping the radio holds up. APU 16, WT 14, Williams picked off in WT territory near the end of the 3rd.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X