Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GNAC may be starting to regret that scheduling deal with the LSC

And wow SFU come on. I see they are going with a true freshman QB. I wonder if Bailey Elder is regretting picking SFU over 20 D1 offers

Comment

Boy did CWU look young last night! Far too many mistakes against a great team. You can't give them that many opportunities and expect results against a team of that caliber. I was a little frustrated with the home run pass every play. How about some higher percentage throws and take what the D gives you?
      8 or 9 for 40 plus passing is no good. Looks like we must run the table to be a playoff team. West Texas should be a big determining factor. Maybe we can gain a little confidence next week?

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
        GNAC may be starting to regret that scheduling deal with the LSC

And wow SFU come on. I see they are going with a true freshman QB. I wonder if Bailey Elder is regretting picking SFU over 20 D1 offers
        I mean what other choice did you guys have?

Comment

I stayed until the end. I don't think they ran up the score. We flat out couldn't stop them. When they scored with a minute to go to put it over 60, that dude ran untouched. Not his fault that within 1.5 second of the snap that he only had green turf and no defense in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

I stayed until the end. I don't think they ran up the score. We flat out couldn't stop them. When they scored with a minute to go to put it over 60, that dude ran untouched. Not his fault that within 1.5 second of the snap that he only had green turf and no defense in front of him.
            I was hungry so I left. I'm not a fan of night games. That game was over when QB Jesus threw the interception. Funny how they completely collapsed after that.

Comment

Originally posted by SGAstumpJ View Post
              So, two weeks in, we're all out of the playoffs, and Western Oregon is the best team in the league by virtue of having kept one game close. Have I summed things up well enough?
              Nope, so long as one team doesn't get more than 3 losses the committee will ensure the GNAC gets 1 team in. Their could be 7 one loss teams and a 3 loss GNAC and the GNAC team will get in....
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Nope, so long as one team doesn't get more than 3 losses the committee will ensure the GNAC gets 1 team in. Their could be 7 one loss teams and a 3 loss GNAC and the GNAC team will get in....
                So much salt. Simply untrue.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Yeah, I don't buy that. HSU had 1 loss several years ago and got left out.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

I mean what other choice did you guys have?

Comment

• It does make it much easier to fill your schedule I suppose which, as we see with a couple LSC teams this year, can be hard to do. I don't like it, I enjoyed when the RMAC had 2 weeks of OOC to start the year but what can ya do I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Dude... what? I read this thinking this was a newbie on the message board who was clueless. You've been around longer than me and I'm a decade plus in. C'mon man.

Comment

• I 100% agree with you on that! NSIC too big

Comment

• Originally posted by Goods View Post

Dude... what? I read this thinking this was a newbie on the message board who was clueless. You've been around longer than me and I'm a decade plus in. C'mon man.
                            The selection committee routinely ignores or flexes criteria to generate predetermined ideals. One of which is that every conference be represented. The GLVC had 2 teams with 2 losses last year only one made it in, while an 8-3 team made it over S&T.

Midwestern an 8 win 2 Loss team got left over a 3 loss 8 win APU team.

If the reason midwestern sat at home was they only played 10 games then how do you explain S&t who played 11 and won 9?

If its who they played APU played a last leg Humbolt twice and Simon Fraser twice.

There is too much leeway in the criteria, they are all just suggestions in reality, not one criteria dictates anything, they merely lay out what the committee is allowed to consider, in the end though it's all up to the committee to place whoever for whatever reason they want, with no requirement to publish their reasons. Like CWU getting the 1 seed a few years ago.

It's better than the BCS, but I would rather see something more like HS or the NFL where playoff participants are decided based on hard data win loss etc, take the committee out of it. This isn't a beauty pageant.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Yeah, I don't buy that. HSU had 1 loss several years ago and got left out.
                              Was there another GNAC team already seeded? Because this has been the pattern for several years now, at least one from each conference.

Had Midwestern finished 9-1 Apu would have been in over a different 9-2 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Was there another GNAC team already seeded? Because this has been the pattern for several years now, at least one from each conference.

Had Midwestern finished 9-1 Apu would have been in over a different 9-2 team.
                                No GNAC team in 2014, Humboldt was in in 2015 and won their first game as a 4 seed before losing to NWMSU like every other team in the playoffs, 2016 Azusa got in with 2 losses, 2017 CWU obviously deservedly was in and lost by 3 to the eventual national champion in OT. Last year Midwestern failed to schedule a full schedule and was 8-2. A 9-2 record likely gets them in, lesson should've been learned but we shall see if it comes back to bite any teams this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X