Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hail Mary from HSU

https://youtu.be/ccjDgzqVDVs

Time is running out...pretty nice video...why on earth, especially when you are in an enrollment crisis, would you get rid of this???!!!

We need you guys back. Make it happen!

Comment

Yes, please!

Comment

Great video, just incredible that a short-timer president could make this move and then get out of town; and that CSU chancellor Tim White, could approve it. (I know a bit about White, surprised he approved of this.)

There are so many bad optics to the move, including enrollment ... and didn't want to go there but a white president and white chancellor eliminating a sport with a lot of African Americans is a bad look.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumberjack View Post
          https://youtu.be/ccjDgzqVDVs

Time is running out...pretty nice video...why on earth, especially when you are in an enrollment crisis, would you get rid of this???!!!
          Lumberjack. when you click on the link, a note appears that says, "this video has been removed by the user." why?

Comment

Originally posted by cougarjunkie View Post

Lumberjack. when you click on the link, a note appears that says, "this video has been removed by the user." why?
            Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by cougarjunkie View Post

Sorry for the late reply...the creator of the video took it down because it was only a rough draft....he's working on the final version. I did read in the school paper that the new president, when pressed on the football issue, said that football is very expensive and unfair to put on the backs of the students, and that with all of the research on head trauma, he didn't know how responsible it was for a university to support a football program......hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Lumberjack View Post

Sorry for the late reply...the creator of the video took it down because it was only a rough draft....he's working on the final version. I did read in the school paper that the new president, when pressed on the football issue, said that football is very expensive and unfair to put on the backs of the students, and that with all of the research on head trauma, he didn't know how responsible it was for a university to support a football program......hmmmmm
                Does not sound encouraging.

Comment

I contacted humboldtsports.com earlier this week, and they told me that the new President at HSU said that he's committed to bringing Lumberjacks football back.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                    I contacted humboldtsports.com earlier this week, and they told me that the new President at HSU said that he's committed to bringing Lumberjacks football back.
                    If they can do this, it is very good news. We'd of course appreciate all the HSU posters back and hopefully with a short hiatus and California recruiting they could field a quality team again.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

If they can do this, it is very good news. We'd of course appreciate all the HSU posters back and hopefully with a short hiatus and California recruiting they could field a quality team again.
                      It would be great. The four football team conference makes me nervous, getting that fifth team back would regain some stability. And I have a gut feeling that it will happen. Think positive!

Comment

Come on Humbolt President! Have the BALLS to bring back Jack football! Or did the outgoing president get rid of all the football stuff?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X