Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWU-WOU game

Nice to see the 20-year E-burg losing streak broken. Some thoughts ...

* WOU team showed some poise. After a penalty to open the 2nd half and falling behind, I thought, "Here we go again," but they didn't panic. Usually it snowballs on them in Ellensburg, this time it did not.
    * Really good O-line this year at WOU, some big holes for two really good backs in Land and Jackson.
    * QB Curry gives them a running dimension they haven't had before. He's very fast and elusive.
    * Defense was good swarming to the ball (though CWU RB Roots is great) and the secondary with two picks by Anderson was good. Some of CWU's receptions were highlight reel stuff to catch high balls.
    * New field is nice, though I liked the natural turf and afternoon games in Ellensburg. But this had a good feel to it, and hey, the bathrooms are a serious improvement! No more troughs.
    * CWU band is impressive, huge and talented. Best National Anthem version I've ever heard anywhere.

The CWU defensive front seven have been mediocre to bad this year. Currie played extremely well.

Comment

Have the Wolves ever won the GNAC?

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post
        Have the Wolves ever won the GNAC?
        Might have tied for the title once, can't remember.

I think playing the two Texas teams to start the season really helped, both Angelo and Commerce are excellent teams and they prepped WOU well for the rest of their schedule.

Comment

The Anthem is pretty great. I love the trumpet solo in the beginning and the wonderful harmony that comes after. Land and Currie are doing big things for the Wolves this year. The GNAC title is anyone's right now! Goiung to be an interesting season for sure!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X