Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressive win by WOU

WOU was impressive on Saturday against a quality non-conference opponent. Until Saturday, Midwestern State had not lost to an NCAA Division II non-conference opponent since 2002. WOU put up over 500 yards of offense, including 240 on the ground. WOU had 20 more plays and twice the TOP than MSU.

I watched the whole game and WOU absolutely handled Midwestern. Though I did hear that the head coach's father died earlier in the week, so he may not have been at his best.

Comment

Great season for them. I hope they get that 2nd place finish in the GNAC. They deserve it! :laugh:

Comment

Midwestern State is down this year. On the verge of their first losing season in 17 years. They did open the season with a win over a DI program though

Comment

This is coach Ferguson's best team at WOU and his best coaching job (IMO), it's tough to go 0-2 out of the gate and keep the team believing but he and his staff did that. I thought they were pretty good when I saw them battle Commerce really tough before losing. Players were focused, didn't get down when things didn't go their way. It's been a fun season (wish they could've beaten CWU a second time) ... some tremendous players this year in Anderson at DB (should be GNAC defensive player of the year), Currie at QB (best QB they've had in a few years and he's the best running QB I've ever seen at WOU), Land at RB is really good, Sampson and Wright among many good receivers, Proctor and Parnell on defense are tremendous players ... I'm leaving out lot of guys, but a fine team this year. As an alum and fan I of course would like to see them rewarded for their efforts this year and get a playoff berth, but I also understand why they could be left out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X