Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWU 2020 Season Opener

https://gogriz.com/sports/football/schedule/2020

Old fashioned butt-whooping time, I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
      Old fashioned butt-whooping time, I imagine.
      One could hope for another game like 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

One could hope for another game like 2008.
        I guess it could happen, but unless the defense magically improves over the offseason, I don't see it happening. The offense should be good, but are they going to be able to outscore Montana?

Comment

On any given Saturday. Go get 'em Cats!

Comment

I guess it could happen, but unless the defense magically improves over the offseason, I don't see it happening. The offense should be good, but are they going to be able to outscore Montana?
            Do we know if it is 1's versus 1's in practice? Stopping Roots may be a way to help the defense against the run in practice.

Comment

Nice! Now that we have a starting QB all set and with nearly everyone returning on offense I am hoping the Wildcats can come out hot and make it a fun game!

Comment

Offense will return everyone but one so I am not concerned there. We will put up points. As with every year it will hinge on the Defense. Can we stop the run and play position or will they play hero ball and run themselves out of position and give up multiple 60 yard runs per game???

Comment

WOU opens at Idaho on the same day. Interesting season openers for the two teams who will be the GNAC favorites. WOU returns everyone on offense except the QB, left tackle and right tackle. Defense returns everyone except one inside LB. Should be interesting.

Comment

CWU will play SEVEN road games in 2020 to just 4 at home. https://wildcatsports.com/sports/football/schedule

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                      CWU will play SEVEN road games in 2020 to just 4 at home. https://wildcatsports.com/sports/football/schedule
                      What are we, WOU now?

Comment

What are we, WOU now?
                        That's happened at my other alma mater San Jose State University a couple of times, seven road games. But they had five at home.

Comment

What are we, WOU now?
                          Actually, Western Oregon had a great schedule this past year including six home games and some quality opponents coming in like Midwestern State. Athletic director knows what he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Actually, Western Oregon had a great schedule this past year including six home games and some quality opponents coming in like Midwestern State. Athletic director knows what he's doing.
                            Yeah, WOU finally got its act together, after how many years of more road than home games?

Comment

Yeah, WOU finally got its act together, after how many years of more road than home games?
                              Correct, in the last decade WOU has had 49 home games (average of 4.9) and 61 road games (average of 6.1), so yeah the unbalance hasn't been good. Hoping that flips permanently so it's at least closer to 50-50 or 6-5 WOU at home. Too many 4-home game seasons in that last decade, that's insane.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X