Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gardner, Thornton, Watson, Kitna on San Diego Fleet

Originally posted by tsull View Post
    Yeah, my North Idaho friend moved to Seattle years ago and started calling anything past North Bend "eastern Washington." Drove me nuts. I kept correcting him, Ellensburg, Tri-Cities, Wenatchee, etc., is in central Washington, check the map. He kept calling Yakima "eastern Washington" -- which is insane. Walla Walla, Pullman, Pomery, Cheney, Spokane, Ritzville, Garfield, etc., is eastern Washington.

Regarding airports, Pasco is in a metro area of 300K plus, I would hope they would have even a small, viable airport. I get the geographical ignorance in the 70's, 80's, etc., pre-internet, but not today.
    Definitely a viable airport. We just got a daily flight to LAX last month with Delta and United both flying to 3 different cities. Non-daily flights to Phoenix and Las Vegas on top of that and I would hope on top of that 7 high schools in the metro area would give a clue to the size. I know through work i had people come over surprised at the size when they visited from Seattle, but also had a manager from Seattle that loved that he could have a quick flight compared to a long drive.

It is still surprising that we don't have a University of our own here yet, but that could also be due to the quick growth post WWII of the area. I remember though, people thought of Boise as all farm land too when it started growing fast and having the same misconceptions with even a Richard Pyror movie about moving there and making it look like a hick town.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
      Definitely a viable airport. We just got a daily flight to LAX last month with Delta and United both flying to 3 different cities. Non-daily flights to Phoenix and Las Vegas on top of that and I would hope on top of that 7 high schools in the metro area would give a clue to the size. I know through work i had people come over surprised at the size when they visited from Seattle, but also had a manager from Seattle that loved that he could have a quick flight compared to a long drive.

It is still surprising that we don't have a University of our own here yet, but that could also be due to the quick growth post WWII of the area. I remember though, people thought of Boise as all farm land too when it started growing fast and having the same misconceptions with even a Richard Pyror movie about moving there and making it look like a hick town.
      Great post. What's interesting is WSU-Tri-Cities hasn't taken off. WSU-Vancouver has grown dramatically. I know some higher ups on the Pullman campus and the word out is the Tri-Cities campus just struggles. Perhaps they don't market it well enough, not sure. I'm not sure where it's located (Kennewick?), but that should be a fairly large campus like UW-Tacoma, WSU-Vancouver, etc. The degree from all the branch campuses still says "Washington State University" and without the hyphen.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I've never been to a game at Azusa, the direct flight makes it a bit appealing. However, it's on United and they generally stink.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
          Great post. What's interesting is WSU-Tri-Cities hasn't taken off. WSU-Vancouver has grown dramatically. I know some higher ups on the Pullman campus and the word out is the Tri-Cities campus just struggles. Perhaps they don't market it well enough, not sure. I'm not sure where it's located (Kennewick?), but that should be a fairly large campus like UW-Tacoma, WSU-Vancouver, etc. The degree from all the branch campuses still says "Washington State University" and without the hyphen.
          It's in Richland out by Hanford, but I agree that there is very little promoting of it locally. CBC gets a lot more promotional information locally and may have a larger campus. I looked up the degrees they offer and the majority are Engineering, which makes sense right by PNNL and Hanford.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
            I've never been to a game at Azusa, the direct flight makes it a bit appealing. However, it's on United and they generally stink.
            Agreed on both counts! I also doubt they'll bring in their main line fleet seasonally like Delta does which means even less comfort. I also found they usually have one flight attendant, not 2 on the regional planes like Delta and only paid snacks.

Back on topic... I feel sorry for the players in Memphis that came back to their hotel to find all their luggage in the lobby because the league's checks for their rooms had bounced.
            Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 04-05-2019, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X