Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APU looking for new head coach

Victor Santa Cruz, who had been in charge for the last 14 years and has won more games than any other coach in program history (84-69), is going back to his alma mater, announcing yesterday that he is taking the DC position at Hawai'i. The search for his replacement starts now.
    Azusa Pacific head coach Victor Santa Cruz has been named as the defensive coordinator.

Well that's pretty big news. He turned APU into a very strong program, even with a down year last year. A certain former WWU and HSU coach is probably available, but that would most likely mean the end of the APU football program, since he's cursed.
    Last edited by IronOre; 01-28-2020, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Wow, that is a pretty significant change for APU and the GNAC.

Comment

Well deserved! Hopefully they find someone good and don't steal anyone from CWU (like Kelly Bills). Steal from WOU instead! Or maybe Coach Power from Commerce.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
          Well deserved! Hopefully they find someone good and don't steal anyone from CWU (like Kelly Bills). Steal from WOU instead! Or maybe Coach Power from Commerce.
          I think the job is good enough to warrant hiring someone with head coaching experience. It's in by far the best recruiting area in the GNAC if not America. Great weather, nice stadium, only thing missing is a strong, viable league that has more than four teams. I think they'll get some excellent candidates.

Comment

Much like with the basketball search last spring, they ended up promoting from within. OC Rudy Carlton was announced as the new head coach this afternoon. Curious who he brings in to help rebuild the defense, since the DC took an NAIA head coaching job earlier this offseason.
            Rudy Carlton has been named the tenth head coach in Azusa Pacific football history.

Comment

How quickly this decision was reached is clearly an indication of the high regard and confidence in Rudy Carlton as the Cougar's next head coach. I haven't had a chance to post before now but Rudy was absolutely the very first name that came into mind for me. He was a great QB for the Cougars and an excellent Offensive Coordinator. He is a very Christian oriented man and an excellent choice for Azusa Pacific. I'm confident the Cougars' program will be in good and capable hands.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X