Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolves A.D. leaves

OK, I've hung onto this news for a month, most everyone who is a WOU fan knows about. Anyway, our athletic director, Curtis Campbell, has left to take another job in the south. I thought he did a good job at WOU, a lot of on-field/on-court success in his short tenure (3 years, I think). His family never moved up to Monmouth from the south, thought that was a sign he wasn't long for WOU. His son plays football/track in the southeast, too.

Curtis Campbell was a serious upgrade from the previous A.D., (IMO) who stayed I think 3 years. Including the interim, they've had four A.D.'s in a little less than a decade, one dude (can't remember his name) was one-and-done and back to Texas. In the next interview process, I hope they find someone who wants to actually be there. It's tough to get traction with constant A.D. turnover.

Hopefully whomever comes in continues to do a good job.

Comment

At this stage I think it would be good to promote the associate athletic director, who is an alum of Western Oregon, and might stick around for a while. Not sure if she wants the job or not.

* I also realize that I might be talking to mostly myself on this thread as it's not a real hot news topic based on the responses. But it's pretty boring out right now.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
        At this stage I think it would be good to promote the associate athletic director, who is an alum of Western Oregon, and might stick around for a while. Not sure if she wants the job or not.

* I also realize that I might be talking to mostly myself on this thread as it's not a real hot news topic based on the responses. But it's pretty boring out right now.
        I'm still paying attention, but yeah, with everything going on, not a lot of sports news.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

I'm still paying attention, but yeah, with everything going on, not a lot of sports news.
          I think most of us haven't really looked at the GNAC forums too. Tim may like that all sports topics now in the general section and not the off topic now, as I know he gives good insight into D1 hoops as well and some things in those threads remind me of him and that he may have more information on those in the past.

I also hope that WOU finds a good AD for all sports and continues to grow all the school's programs. Having one that doesn't leave after 3-4 years too is something I'd like to see too.

Comment

Official release, Associate A.D. Randi Lydum taking over on an interim basis, which I think is a good move.

https://wouwolves.com/news/2020/3/31...athletics.aspx
            Last edited by tsull; 03-31-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X