Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Slippery Slope!

The stadium is beginning to take shape at SFU!!

GO CLAN!!

I won't miss the slippery slope. My plan was to come up for the CWU game there and revel in the seating. Hopefully we'll actually have a season!

Comment

Are they able to work on this still? I know local builders are challenging the ban on building right now in Washington, which I'd have to look up if it is going to effect the NHL team for Seattle too if they aren't working on the arena as the ban is till May 4th at the earliest right now..

Comment

Actually if you go to the link for the webcam, you can watch them working on it and they are allowed to continue as long as they keep their distance from each other. Frankly, they sometimes seem a little too close to each other, but it is getting built, maybe more slowly than if the virus wasn't around. But as a Freshman in 1968, we were promised that they would build the stadium for the teams! It has taken a long, long time, but it is actually being built!! So hopefully they stay safe and have it done for what we can only hope is a football season in the Fall!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SINGLE MALT View Post
          Actually if you go to the link for the webcam, you can watch them working on it and they are allowed to continue as long as they keep their distance from each other. Frankly, they sometimes seem a little too close to each other, but it is getting built, maybe more slowly than if the virus wasn't around. But as a Freshman in 1968, we were promised that they would build the stadium for the teams! It has taken a long, long time, but it is actually being built!! So hopefully they stay safe and have it done for what we can only hope is a football season in the Fall!!!
          Hope they can stay safe. Haven't heard much about COVID in the Vancouver area, so that's probably a good sign.

Comment

Here is the latest Covid-19 news in B.C.
            https://globalnews.ca/news/6795167/b...pdate-april-8/
            If you click on the picture that begins this Thread, you can see the stadium progressing. The middle seating area is beginning to take shape!
            GO CLAN!!

Comment

Looks like the roof is pretty well up!! No more getting wet on the Slippery Slope!!

GO CLAN!!!

Comment

I was planning on going up there when CWU played. Hope we can actually go to games.

Comment

Took a look at the webcam today and it's looking like they would have been ready for the season, had we had one.

Comment

Try looking at it when it is not dark!! It really is coming along, but nothing significant happening lately. Maybe they are working on dressing rooms!! Like maybe even a visitors dressing room, with showers!!!!

Comment

I can't get the webcam working, nevertheless, this is exciting news.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	sfu.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	526762

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	sfu.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	526762
                          Thanks, Brandon, the stadium looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by SINGLE MALT View Post
                            Try looking at it when it is not dark!! It really is coming along, but nothing significant happening lately. Maybe they are working on dressing rooms!! Like maybe even a visitors dressing room, with showers!!!!
                            Turns out the picture I posted IS the webcam. Oops.

I imagine construction isn't doing much as the need to get it finished has sadly diminished.

Comment

https://www.sfu.ca/itservices/techni...yfoxfield.html
                              Not that it matters that much with the border being closed, but the SFU stadium is close to being finished and is looking pretty good!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X