Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Thanks for the update, sounds like she would've been a great addition to our track and field/cross country staff.
    Yes. She is very sharp and personable, and knows how to coach. Her mom was a DI coach for several years and had great success.

I am a quite proud of her.....

Comment

High school football in Washington has been postponed until next spring, meaning that CWU's coaches will not get to scout high school recruits in games this fall. Fortunately, the Wildcats are off to a big head start in recruiting for the 2021 class. Here is a list of known high school seniors who already hold an offer from CWU. Tons of tight ends and defensive ends so far. But we need to see more defensive tackles, too.
      https://www.facebook.com/notes/cwu-c...1333331647469/
      • Offers by State:
        • Washington: 13
        • Oregon: 3
        • Idaho: 2
        • Hawaii: 2
        • California: 1
        • Nevada: 1
        • Arizona: 1
      • Offers by Position:
        • QB: 1
        • RB: 3
        • WR: 2
        • TE: 4
        • OL: 4
        • DT: 0
        • DE: 6
        • LB: 1
        • DB: 2

Comment

I briefly looked at Twitter for offers from WOU, APU, and SFU and barely found anything! So CWU has a major head start in recruiting and they really did well with planning ahead and building those relationships with the players as early as they have.

Comment

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ge-recruiting/

The Seattle Times pointed out that a lot of top D1 recruits will not need to play HS football in the spring if they are on track to graduate early so they can enroll in college early. But the current situation is much tougher for D1 talent that hasn't had their senior season to really prove themselves to reel in the D1 offers. CWU has currently offered over 20 players for 2021, and many of these kids are D1 talents but with very few or no D1 offers. Maybe CWU will get some big steals in the recruiting game. Here is a list of the top players who hold a CWU offer with few or no D1 offers.

Jacques Badolato-Birdsell, Camas HS RB
          • 2019: 1602 rushing yards, 29 TD
          • AP All-State 4A 1st Team, Columbian All-Region 1st Team
          • 3 star, #19 2021 recruit in WA by 247 Sports
          • Other offers: Air Force (FBS), Georgetown (FCS), Portland State (FCS)
          • Other offers: Northern Arizona (FCS), Northern Colorado (FCS)
          Sean Harmon, Bishop Blanchet HS TE/DE
          • Other offers: Columbia (FCS), Dartmouth (FCS)
          Gabriel Ogunleye, Kentwood HS WR
          • 2019: 859 receiving yards, 7 TD
          • No other known offers
          Kekoa Pele-Allen, Oaks Christian HS (CA) OL
          • Scorebook Live All-Ventura County 2nd Team
          • Other offers: Cal Poly (FCS), Idaho (FCS)
          Tage Rigby, Centennial HS (AZ) RB/LB
          • Other offers: San Diego (FCS), Benedictine (DIII), Hamline (DIII), Bethel (NAIA)
          Angel Sanchez, Puyallup HS DB
          • 2019: 508 receiving yards, 4 TD; 34 tackles, 3 INT
          • 3 star, #49 2021 recruit in WA by 247 Sports
          • Other offers: Columbia (FCS), Montana State Northern (NAIA), Montana Tech (NAIA)
          Camden Sirmon, Wenatchee HS QB
          • 2019: 1907 passing yards, 414 rushing yards, 27 TD
          • Other offers: Colorado Mines (DII), Carroll (NAIA), Montana Tech (NAIA)
          Tanner Vaughan, Palo Verde HS (NV) TE/DE
          • 2019: 52 tackles, 1 INT
          • Other offers: Minot State (DII)
          Tanner Volk, Aloha HS (OR) WR/DB
          • 2019: 1037 all-purpose yards (847 receiving), 11 TD; 39 tackles, 4 INT
          • #33 2021 recruit in OR by 247 Sports
          • Other offers: Portland State (FCS), Montana State Northern (NAIA), Southern Oregon (NAIA)
          Gareth Warren, Kealakehe HS (HI) OL/DL
          • Other offers: Chadron State (DII), Eastern New Mexico (DII), Whittier (DIII)
          Miles Wilson, Reynolds HS (OR) RB
          • #44 2021 recruit in OR by 247 Sports
          • No other known offers
          Sermon Wilson, Puyallup HS DL
          • 2019: 75 tackles, 12 TFL, 7 sacks, 2 INT, 3 fumble recoveries
          • No other known offers
          Kobe Young, Chiawana HS WR/DB
          • Idaho State basketball offer, no other known football offers

Comment

CWU had offered a QB from Bethel HS in Kekoa Visperas, who is ranked as the #1 2021 dual threat QB in the state, #30 overall 2021 recruit. Recruiting analysts have been raving about him recently saying he is a D1 talent, but only had offers from D2 and NAIA, including CWU. But it looks like EWU finally came knocking and offered him, and he immediately committed to the Eagles.

CWU currently has 1 other QB offered in former Wenatchee HS QB Camden Sirmon, who moved to Montana to play his senior year this fall. His only other D2 offer in Colorado Mines along with a pair of NAIA offers. I don't think he is related to the Sirmons of Bothell, but clearly Sirmon is a QB name around here.

Comment

Matulino Masunu, Bellevue HS DT, 6'0" 282 lbReally excited about Masunu! Him and Josiah Nikolao should be dominant together to rebuild CWU's d-line.

Comment

Add Tanner Volk, DB from Aloha HS in Oregon! #32 ranked 2021 recruit on Oregon by 247 Sports.
                https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9724075...8c28104063ba90

Comment

Snohomish OL Drew Stultz commits. Was named HeraldNet All-Area 1st Team. hudl.com/video/3/11081834/5d7fbbfc34530a0d78232e67

Comment

Keep giving us these updates! It will really be interesting though with 2 recruiting classes of incoming freshmen though.

Comment

CWU usually doesn't get commits rolling in until the New Year. But with limited scholarships up for grabs and NLI signing day still at the start of February, we are getting a lot of earlier commits. But the depth chart will be a total mess next season!

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                        I remember when I was looking at colleges and looking at WOU and PSU, I remember they were part of an undergrad exchange program where I wouldn't have to pay out of state tuition. I think this may be more about CWU expanding their recruiting with aspirations of moving up to D1 someday
                        The undergrad exchange only wipes out about half the out-of-state, not all of it, though it is a nice deal. Knew a dude from Seattle at WOU on it, family was still having to fork out a lot, but it was better than full out-of-state.

Eastern Oregon University used to have no out-of-state, now they have no out-of-state for Washington and Idaho, which is a good deal and I would think if they ever went D2 that would be a boost for them, though I doubt they'll ever go D2.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                          I remember when I was looking at colleges and looking at WOU and PSU, I remember they were part of an undergrad exchange program where I wouldn't have to pay out of state tuition. I think this may be more about CWU expanding their recruiting with aspirations of moving up to D1 someday
                          This type of thing happens all the time and has little to do with divisional affiliation.

Comment

CWU adds a QB in Skyline's Daniel Buxton https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9512334...wnYNeT3ICHkmqw

Comment

Buxton was just named a white chip recruit by the Seattle Times. CWU's QB room is pretty stacked with 3 returners, 3 transfers, and at least 1 incoming freshman.

CWU just got some more commits, highlighted by 2 more from Oregon in Westview HS 6'4" WR Jalen Grable and DB Jalen Owens. Add them to Aloha HS's Tanner Volk and that is a pretty good trio CWU has plucked from WOU's backyard. At least 4 others from Oregon still hold offers from CWU.

Comment

Sirmon is walking on at UW, stupid. He quotes UW coaches making him playing time promises. Really, with 5-star legacy Huard coming in? This "preferred walk on" stuff needs to end. You know what it means? It means you're a walk-on and are no more preferred than any other walk-on. You're still not on scholarship like the other walk-ons. You have no more right to earning a scholarship than the other walk-ons.

Sirmon's 4-star cousin left UW for Central Michigan, after being recruited over 3 or 4 times in 3 or 4 years. They had no plans for him, zero, zip, took two grad transfers in the last two years; took another QB in his class, took Eason as a transfer. Dude put himself in the portal last year, stupidly pulled out, luckily didn't lose a year because of Covid. Sirmon from Wenatchee will never play a down at UW, just like the QB Heckman -- another preferred walk-on -- at WSU, who was never going to play a down. I mention this and people get mad, "Kid is following his dreams!" Dreams of what? Holding a clipboard?

Who put themselves in a better spot? Mike Reilly of CWU, who left WSU for playing time and a future big contract in the CFL; or the Sirmon guys?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X