Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sirmon originally committed to Montana but they pulled his scholarship when the extensions were given for seniors. So he would've been a PWO there. So might as well be a PWO at UW and get to experience it there. And he may transfer to an FCS or D2 down the road at least as a grad transfer. In Sirmon's Seattle Times article he acknowledged the uphill battle for playing time but he is a big UW fan.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
      Sirmon originally committed to Montana but they pulled his scholarship when the extensions were given for seniors. So he would've been a PWO there. So might as well be a PWO at UW and get to experience it there. And he may transfer to an FCS or D2 down the road at least as a grad transfer. In Sirmon's Seattle Times article he acknowledged the uphill battle for playing time but he is a big UW fan.
      I highlighted what I think is key in his decision. Even then, UW is good academically and for a walk on I'd hope they are also looking at the degree they are working towards and the academics of the school as that will usually play more key in the rest of their life. Even Mike Reilley used his for a time to work out at Hanford.

Comment

Last edited by Gridiron Bobby; 01-31-2021, 01:49 PM.

Comment

I don't know how good he is, but he won't play a down. Being a fan of a school is not a reason to pick it, though I know a lot of kids who would never fit into the UO and go there because they like the Ducks, but don't really like their college experience. I was thinking he should've gone to CWU, but let's be honest, he's probably not good enough for CWU. Over the years for the most part CWU has recruited and played very good big, strong, talented QB's. He will sit on the pine at UW, never play a down, if he's good with that, fine. He's level is probably more Puget Sound than UW ... if that. "Rudy, Rudy, Rudy!"

Comment

Oh wow. In that case this was a no-brainer decision for him. I'd rather have a "sideline pass" to games at Husky Stadium if I was a PWO!

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
              I don't know how good he is, but he won't play a down. Being a fan of a school is not a reason to pick it, though I know a lot of kids who would never fit into the UO and go there because they like the Ducks, but don't really like their college experience. I was thinking he should've gone to CWU, but let's be honest, he's probably not good enough for CWU. Over the years for the most part CWU has recruited and played very good big, strong, talented QB's. He will sit on the pine at UW, never play a down, if he's good with that, fine. He's level is probably more Puget Sound than UW ... if that. "Rudy, Rudy, Rudy!"
              Clearly he is prioritizing the academics and the experience of being in the program over playing time. Lots of great local players have gone to UW as PWOs knowing they will rarely play, if ever. These guys could've been big time in D2 or even good in FCS but being a part of the UW program is an experience they couldn't pass on.

Now being a PWO at WSU would be a stupid move lol

Comment

Clearly he is prioritizing the academics and the experience of being in the program over playing time. Lots of great local players have gone to UW as PWOs knowing they will rarely play, if ever. These guys could've been big time in D2 or even good in FCS but being a part of the UW program is an experience they couldn't pass on.

Why is it wrong to be a walk-on at WSU? They've had some good ones, Luke Falk for one.

This kid not only won't play a down at UW, he'll transfer out. This is about football and UW coaches fed him a steaming pile of him competing for playing time. They just recruited over his 4-star cousin four times in four years, yet begged him back in the portal one year based on a bunch of lies. They should've been honest with him.

Of course he's not playing at CWU either. Can't think of the guy's name, but I remember when EWU went to UO and the eventual CWU QB played and lit up a very good bunch of future NFL DB's. That guy was awesome.

Comment

Why is it wrong to be a walk-on at WSU? They've had some good ones, Luke Falk for one.

This kid not only won't play a down at UW, he'll transfer out. This is about football and UW coaches fed him a steaming pile of him competing for playing time. They just recruited over his 4-star cousin four times in four years, yet begged him back in the portal one year based on a bunch of lies. They should've been honest with him.

Of course he's not playing at CWU either. Can't think of the guy's name, but I remember when EWU went to UO and the eventual CWU QB played and lit up a very good bunch of future NFL DB's. That guy was awesome.
                  I'd also think WSU would be more of a QB's dream even under their new coach with the run and shoot if it isn't the Air Raid of recent years. This is something sold by UW fans, that WSU is never good yet WSU can get players the #1 pick or at least in the conversation like Leaf and Bledsoe too. Add on what Falk has done along with what Minshew did before hurt and how both reached the NFL and I don't see why so many from the Seattle are have this perception of UW.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I don't see why so many from the Seattle are have this perception of UW.
                    UW attitude. UW has had some NFL QB's, but WSU has had just as many. If you live in Oregon, same deal down there, Ducks play the elitist card. Ducks had QB's in the NFL, same with OSU (Matt Moore, Derek Anderson, Sean Mannion). Ducks highlighter is Mariotta -- Harrington, Feeley, etc., no better than Moore and Mannion, though Herbert is going to be a good one.

Since this is a D2 board, I think Kitna and Reilly is a great alumni QB group.

Comment

Trying to get us back on topic here, CWU Football commit Jalen Grable, a 6'4" wide receiver from Westview HS in Oregon, was named the top performer by recruiting analysist Brandon Huffman in the #brAvery 7on7 Association tournament in Yakima. Grable helped lead his team to the championship game. Huffman calls him an "absolute steal" for the Wildcats.

https://247sports.com/Article/brAver...tes-160278894/

Comment

Trying to get us back on topic here, CWU Football commit Jalen Grable, a 6'4" wide receiver from Westview HS in Oregon, was named the top performer by recruiting analysist Brandon Huffman in the #brAvery 7on7 Association tournament in Yakima. Grable helped lead his team to the championship game. Huffman calls him an "absolute steal" for the Wildcats.

https://247sports.com/Article/brAver...tes-160278894/
                        Tall receiver is good. Looks pretty fast, too.

Comment

A classmate of mine from HS was a sure fire star at NAIA, and probably at I-AA as well. He chose to walk on at UW, stayed five years, got in for a defensive series in his final home game. He told me at a reunion that he would always be able to say that he was a Husky football player.

I puked.

Comment

Reilly Hennessey

Comment

CWU picked up a QB that was being recruited by Nevada, so that's encouraging.

https://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/...5d67c8fd2.html

Comment

CWU managed to recruit a new wide receivers coach. Was a starter at Utah State for 3 years and had an NFL tryout, so he must know how to catch the ball a little.

https://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/...46b52328f.html

(I didn't think this was worth starting a new thread)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X