Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
    CWU managed to recruit a new wide receivers coach. Was a starter at Utah State for 3 years and had an NFL tryout, so he must know how to catch the ball a little.

https://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/...46b52328f.html

(I didn't think this was worth starting a new thread)
    Where did Brandon Gibson go? Former Cougar great was at CWU for awhile. Good guy.

* Regarding delusional college QBs, Millen of UO -- who was never going to play for the Ducks, Hugh Millen's kid -- is off to NAU, where he should've started. Bledsoe's kid at WSU was going to go to NAU on a full-ride but went to Pullman, never played a down in 3 years, now nowhere to be found on a football field. Maybe finishing up at WSU as a student, nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Where did Brandon Gibson go? Former Cougar great was at CWU for awhile. Good guy.
      Might be a "graduate assistant" thing.

Comment

I wonder if more offers will go out as spring football has started. The Mid Columbia Conference is playing conference games, which means other than 2 teams have played two games (9 members, so each team gets a week off). Will we see more offers go out based on performance in these games as different conferences are playing right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
          I wonder if more offers will go out as spring football has started. The Mid Columbia Conference is playing conference games, which means other than 2 teams have played two games (9 members, so each team gets a week off). Will we see more offers go out based on performance in these games as different conferences are playing right now?
          It's possible, but I would not expect too many. Lots of Seniors on scholarship returning for CWU and so I would imagine not a lot of scholarships remain for freshman. I am sure they have a little wiggle room if some stud comes available in August though.

Comment

It really sucks for all of the HS players who were underrecruited because they didn't get that fall senior season. And on top of that the limited number of open scholarships. Jucos will get a lot of good talent this fall and the NAIAs will benefit too.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
              It really sucks for all of the HS players who were underrecruited because they didn't get that fall senior season. And on top of that the limited number of open scholarships. Jucos will get a lot of good talent this fall and the NAIAs will benefit too.
              I would agree on that. JUCO should benefit.

Comment

Well this is cool. CWU recruit Jalen Owens was named the MaxPreps Male Senior Athlete of the Year for the state of Oregon! He ran the fastest 100m time of the year in the state in track & field. https://www.maxpreps.com/news/6l5hhU...very-state.htm

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                  Well this is cool. CWU recruit Jalen Owens was named the MaxPreps Male Senior Athlete of the Year for the state of Oregon! He ran the fastest 100m time of the year in the state in track & field. https://www.maxpreps.com/news/6l5hhU...very-state.htm
                  No offense, but 10.9 many years in Oregon would get one 9th place at state and sometimes not in the finals. That's fairly middling. I can't believe that's the top time in the state of Oregon, a pretty good track and field state. Must be pandemic blues, 10.9 is just OK, IMO. Good friend of mine in Boise played 8-man football in North Idaho many years ago, he ran 11.1 on a bad track.

Comment

They even said this was his first year running track

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X