Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Game Maximum for 2020 Season

NCAA has restricted regular season to 10 games for 2020 season, meaning most teams will have to cancel a game.
    http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...umber-contests

For CWU I would think they cancel Northern Michigan, since they are scheduled to travel to Michigan twice during the season (Ferris State being the other). I just hope they don't cancel Montana!

College football should be moved to the spring this year. they are not going to have a vaccine by September, but it looks like they will have one by January. Play the season from late February to May and call it a year.

Comment

It is interesting. I wonder how playoffs selection would work? Full silo schedules with schools in close proximity would certainly have an advantage by playing the full 10 games against D2 opponents.

Comment

10 game max.
        7 games to be playoff eligible.
        5 games to field a program.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
          10 game max.
          7 games to be playoff eligible.
          5 games to field a program.
          Now that is an interesting thought. Imagine if some conferences decide to only play 7 or 8 games, compared to another conference in their region who played 10. So many questions, so many possibilities. I just hope that they have football- another season of nothing would be pretty boring.

Comment

Win-loss record should not have as much of an affect this year then. It should come down to only wins against quality opponents. So for the teams that cannot schedule as many non-conference games, they better have some good competition in their conference.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
              Win-loss record should not have as much of an affect this year then. It should come down to only wins against quality opponents. So for the teams that cannot schedule as many non-conference games, they better have some good competition in their conference.
              ...but with fewer non-conference games, it becomes a lot harder to tell who the best teams are.

Comment

GNAC will hurt the most, with teams playing each other twice. CWU will have to beat Midwestern State and probably even Ferris State to have any shot at a postseason. Because 2 wins vs. Simon Fraser do absolutely nothing.

Comment

Assuming that your OOC teams do CANX the games with the GNAC teams, the other conferences can play just a silo schedule and still qualify for the playoffs. Here's hoping they do not do that to just save money, but some schools probably will.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post
                    It is interesting. I wonder how playoffs selection would work? Full silo schedules with schools in close proximity would certainly have an advantage by playing the full 10 games against D2 opponents.
                    SILO schedules could be as little as 7 games this year. Take the LSC with only 8 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

SILO schedules could be as little as 7 games this year. Take the LSC with only 8 teams.
                      Correct. I just feel SILO schedule leagues will have an advantage for playoff consideration because they won't have to hunt for D2 games to fill out 7 + games. West coast and larger geographical leagues will be at a big disadvantage I would think.

Comment

I don't think they're playing D2 playoffs this year. Enjoy the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                          I don't think they're playing D2 playoffs this year. Enjoy the regular season.
                          Of course they will. They would cancel the whole season otherwise. They will not play any sport that they wouldn't do playoffs for.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

Of course they will. They would cancel the whole season otherwise. They will not play any sport that they wouldn't do playoffs for.
                            Says who? The rules of completely changed this year. The pac-12 is still contemplating an 11-game schedule all conference games. This year is a complete outlier, many things are going to be changed including probably no division 2 playoffs or division 3 playoffs. I think FCS playoffs are out the door too. I know sports fans think everything's going to return to normal in the virus is going to go away tomorrow. It's not, and things are spiking like crazy over here and Idaho.

Comment

Why would they play a season if they are not going to have playoffs? What are the players supposed to play for? Winning a championship of a 4-team conference including 1 team who can't win more than 1 game a year? (no offense to you Simon Fraser fans, just making my point here)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X