Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    Why would they play a season if they are not going to have playoffs? What are the players supposed to play for? Winning a championship of a 4-team conference including 1 team who can't win more than 1 game a year? (no offense to you Simon Fraser fans, just making my point here)
    You got to be kidding me, really? There's probably not a final four in FBS football this year. They play the sport for the athletes not the fans. Athletes want to participate. Just a couple of weeks ago the pac-12 was considering a spring schedule of football with 11 conference games only. You do realize that things have changed, right?

Comment

Initially D2 allowed athletes to play up to 5 of the 10 allowed games without losing eligibility. But now they just granted an extra year of eligibility to ALL players even if playing up to 10 games this academic year. A big reason for that was because there are no national playoffs to play for this year. https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...etition-relief

More reason why the GNAC should play a season in the spring!

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
        Initially D2 allowed athletes to play up to 5 of the 10 allowed games without losing eligibility. But now they just granted an extra year of eligibility to ALL players even if playing up to 10 games this academic year. A big reason for that was because there are no national playoffs to play for this year. https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...etition-relief

More reason why the GNAC should play a season in the spring!
        I'm hoping for a spring season. I'm guessing it depends on quality of testing. The big boys can roll out football because they have the $$$ for quick, advanced testing. D2 not so much.

A spring season would be excellent if they could pull it off.

Comment

Got the CWU Athletics newsletter today and it had some interesting news:

st and continue to receive their athletics scholarship, receive an extension to their academic eligibility clock (a 6th
          Sounds like there's a very good chance of spring football, and it won't count against eligibility if there is.

Comment

The reason the NCAA did that for fall athletes is because no matter how many games they play, since they are not playing for a national title, they do not deserve to lose a year of eligibility. So the GNAC can play a full season up to 10 games for free, eligibility-wise. Pretty sweet deal. CWU can reschedule that Montana game since the Big Sky will also be in spring.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X