Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I typically stay on the PSAC board most, if not all of the time, but I saw this thread pop up, found it interesting and decided to read. Interestingly, for as big of a college sports junkie as I am, I never actually knew that the NAIA was separate the NCAA. In my head, I always just classified it as another division, like Division 1, 2, 3, JUCO. However, now that I think, aren't most JUCOs part of the NAIA?
    JUCOs can get a bit complicated, but generally speaking they either belong to the NJCAA or the CCCAA. The NJCAA is the national body, and the CCCAA is strictly for California schools.

That being said - there are also small independent conferences like the ORCC that aren't affiliated with the NJCAA but still sponsor sports. I believe I've seen some JUCOs affiliated with the USCAA as well? I could just be misremembering.

According to Wikipedia, there are a total of eleven collegiate athletic associations that sponsor multiple sports (three of which are independent conferences), not including divisions within those organizations. They don't include the ORCC however, so that makes me wonder what the actual number is. EDIT: 11 total for both two and four-year schools.

Comment

In response to IUP24 and others ... agree on all accounts, and for the record, I think Penn State should've been given the death penalty in football for 5 years. You simply cannot sexually abuse kids for decades and get away with it.

Regarding NCAA vs. NAIA: Certainly if the NCAA stays intact, these current D2 schools should stay in that division. Most have fought hard to get there, not reason to quit now. That said, schools need to be prepared in case the NCAA does fold. If the big boys breakaway, the NCAA is not going to hang around for anything less than FBS/Power 5, they won't hang around for mid-majors, MAC schools, FCS, etc. They won't care about D2 and D3. If college presidents don't think that, they're nuts. Don't get blindsided. The NAIA would be a good option since it already exists, which is better than trying to start your own division. I'd say that the NCAA would need to be pressured to have scholarship and non-scholarship divisions for all sports if the NCAA implodes.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

You got the wrong guy tsull!! haha

I'm the newbie on your page
        I would love to take credit for that post but I am not a word smith. I feel lucky if I can string three sentences together. Great post IUP24!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X