• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APU 2019 Schedule-still looking for game on Oct 5

Still looking for game on Oct 5

https://athletics.apu.edu/schedule.aspx?schedule=254

Re: APU 2019 Schedule-still looking for game on Oct 5

That was the week where we had the UNA game last year. Could end up taking another FCS money game if there's one to be had, though I'd prefer a non-conference game in region if possible. Either way, if we fill that gap, we're looking at SEVEN road games this fall.

Comment

APU appears to be the only remaining GNAC team without multiple games against the LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by cougarjunkie View Post
        I don't have a dog in this fight, but I did notice that Benedict College (SIAC) had an open date on Oct 5th. Don't know how practical it would be to schedule a game for two schools on opposite sides of the country, however.

Comment

Seems like they have more games with the RMAC conference than any other. Can obviously be a location thing.

I am a big advocate for D-2 ball, and do hope you guys can grab a few more teams.

Western Washington, Humboldt, and Menlo all make me sick. If they stuck it out (yes Menlo would have had to have made the jump to D-2) the GNAC would be very Healthy! You can survive out West with 7 in a conference.

Just think with those schools, how much easier would it be to grab Eastern Oregon and Southern Oregon!

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
            Seems like they have more games with the RMAC conference than any other. Can obviously be a location thing.

I am a big advocate for D-2 ball, and do hope you guys can grab a few more teams.

Western Washington, Humboldt, and Menlo all make me sick. If they stuck it out (yes Menlo would have had to have made the jump to D-2) the GNAC would be very Healthy! You can survive out West with 7 in a conference.

Just think with those schools, how much easier would it be to grab Eastern Oregon and Southern Oregon!
            Preaching to the choir, man. I think of the three, the Humboldt situation is the worst, because they had good community support.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

And we had 7 3 to 4 years ago.... CWU, WOU, SFU, APU, HSU, Dixie State, SD Mines... 2 left for RMAC (one now for FCS), 1 dropped football.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                Preaching to the choir, man. I think of the three, the Humboldt situation is the worst, because they had good community support.

Comment

I'm always amazed at these administrators, who come in, don't talk to anyone in the community, make a drastic cut or change, then get out of town. I've seen it time and time again. These people aren't involved in the institution emotionally, it's a job and a paycheck to them, period. That is it. When they retire, they leave town. But they leave others -- alums, supports of the school, students, players, coaches -- with nothing. That doesn't cross their mind for 2 seconds, it's basically sociopathic or at least self-centered.

I'm always stunned how they get away with it, and that the sport is to never make a return, at Chico, WWU, Humboldt, etc.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X