Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Jose State Football Supports Humboldt State

As a thank you to Humboldt State for letting San Jose State use their practice facilities for two weeks during this Covid-19 pandemic, the Spartans are sporting a green H decal on their helmets. Hopefully this will bring some attention towards the revival of the Lumberjacks football program.

Western New Mexico Mustangs

I emailed Jane Teixeira, the new AD at Humboldt State yesterday asking about the possibility of resurrecting Lumberjacks football. If I get a positive response I'll post it in the GNAC forum.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
      I emailed Jane Teixeira, the new AD at Humboldt State yesterday asking about the possibility of resurrecting Lumberjacks football. If I get a positive response I'll post it in the GNAC forum.
      Did you copy the school president as well? This one might be receptive.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

No, I didn't because I remember reading an article when the new (Tom Jackson, Jr.) President was hired last year that he wanted football to return. But I'll email him right now anyway. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

I heard back from the AD at Humboldt State, but she dodged my question about the revival of their football program. All she did was thank me for my interest. But I haven't heard back from the the school's President.

Comment

I heard back from the AD at Humboldt State, but she dodged my question about the revival of their football program. All she did was thank me for my interest. But I haven't heard back from the the school's President.
            Sounds about right. It's going to take a battle to get it going again. But every little bit helps.

Comment

Do they learn this at administrative grad school? Would it be that tough to call or e-mail a person with real answers and actually earn your 6-figure salary instead of just number crunch all day ... actually they usually have finance people to do that. There's few if any sports going on, not going to give this A.D. a free pass on the laziness.

How about, "I'd like to talk to you more about this and if you're ever in Arcata, let's meet for lunch ... and if you're not in Arcata, let's talk on the phone." The president should also respond, but these people aren't strong enough to do that. I've written letters of concern to college (non-athletic) administrators before, stamped and mailed, I've received no responses. Lazy 6-figure people don't impress me.

I just don't think having those conversations should be that tough. I also find it appalling that a previous president on her retirement job can come in from the east coast, make up financial figures, cut football and leave town. That's not right.

Comment

Time spent in Arcata serving SJSU well. They are 3-0, crushed San Diego State.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                  Time spent in Arcata serving SJSU well. They are 3-0, crushed San Diego State.
                  Thanks for the props! Up next for my Spartans is Nevada, and it's been awhile since we beat them too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X