Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: CWU gives up 32 -- in baseball

Wow, WOU scores 32 in the first game of a double-header vs. CWU (I think the game was in Bellevue). Incredible, never seen that before, a GNAC record.

Then in a turn of events, CWU took the nightcap.

Re: OT: CWU gives up 32 -- in baseball

Looks like it was a split 4-game series too. Can someone tell WOU that CWU getting 1-run more in the night cap is the same as winning by 18? They needed to save some of those runs for the night cap.

For the series:
    Games: 2-2
    Score: WOU 50 CWU 29

Both teams need some pitching.

Comment

I was at the first game on Sunday and both games on Monday. CWU walked off in comeback fashion in both of their wins. In Game 4, CWU was down 6-0 and came back to walk it off 8-7. WOU's offense kept rolling into that game but CWU's reliever put an end to it and CWU clawed back. But that Game 3 was absurd. Has to also be a record for combined runs. But 12 total errors too. But that is in part because there were very few strikeouts in that game. So many balls were put into play that errors were bound to happen.

Comment

We're very generous at CWU!

Comment

https://wildcatsports.com/news/2019/...ainst-wou.aspx

CWU's take on the doubleheader.

Comment

Photos from the games: https://www.facebook.com/pg/CWUCrims...08820112565465

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
              Out of curiosity, was the game in Bellevue due to the snow in E-Burg? I saw lots of the baseball season actually got cancelled to I assume due to the bad weather and canceled flights in the Northwest.

Comment

Yes, series was moved to Bellevue. CWU was home team in all 4 games. Last weekend was at Woodinville HS vs. Saint Martin's for same reason

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X