Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SFU just built a stadium to US football standards, they can't go back to the CIS. Nor do they want to, they want to be a US school in Canada. That is how they market themselves. But either DI lets them join (like they have wanted since the move to the NCAA) or they come back to the NAIA as an independent.

Its just too bad the GNAC and the NCAA didn't allow a scheduling alliance with the Frontier years ago when both leagues could have remained viable.
    Last edited by stealth; 12-29-2020, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
        I spend way too much time in Off-Topic.... I need to come back to these threads more.
        Spending too much time in Off Topic is like inhaling too much foul air in the sewers of Paris. Not at all good for you- you need to come out for some fresh air.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Spending too much time in Off Topic is like inhaling too much foul air in the sewers of Paris. Not at all good for you- you need to come out for some fresh air.
          No kidding apparently! Anyone know what will happen with the other 3 GNAC schools?!

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

No kidding apparently! Anyone know what will happen with the other 3 GNAC schools?!
            Still up in the air. Lots of suggestions all the way from pure fantasy to apparent insanity. One guy thinks all three should go D1- you can place that thought where ever you want. Other suggestions were D2 RMAC or Frontier in NAIA. I hope that they don't drop the sport but who knows what they will decide?

Comment

Still up in the air. Lots of suggestions all the way from pure fantasy to apparent insanity. One guy thinks all three should go D1- you can place that thought where ever you want. Other suggestions were D2 RMAC or Frontier in NAIA. I hope that they don't drop the sport but who knows what they will decide?
              I don't know who said that and I won't speak for CWU or SFU, but WOU is closer to NAIA or D3 than it is to D-1. We have a tiny stadium, not very many scholarships, in a very small town, and the fan base consists of girlfriends and parents of players, only a few townspeople and students. About 99% of the state only cares about OSU and UO. Even Portland State sucks royally at the gate, and they are closer to D2 than they are FBS. I don't know who said all 3 going D1, but they probably need a mental check up sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

I don't know who said that and I won't speak for CWU or SFU, but WOU is closer to NAIA or D3 than it is to D-1. We have a tiny stadium, not very many scholarships, in a very small town, and the fan base consists of girlfriends and parents of players, only a few townspeople and students. About 99% of the state only cares about OSU and UO. Even Portland State sucks royally at the gate, and they are closer to D2 than they are FBS. I don't know who said all 3 going D1, but they probably need a mental check up sooner rather than later.
                I don't even think SFU can go D1 yet if they wanted, but I remember that they wanted D1 hockey. Of course in BC I'm sure that they could get players to compete in hockey pretty well.

Comment

He is the same guy who said that Upper Iowa, Northeast and Southeast Oklahoma could go D1. I think he has a list of teams and just throws darts at names.

Comment

He is the same guy who said that Upper Iowa, Northeast and Southeast Oklahoma could go D1. I think he has a list of teams and just throws darts at names.
                    Must be the Fresno Bulldog we had on here a few years ago, he had the whole freaking world going D1 and when I challenged that, he wasn't happy. I started calling them D1annabes and he really didn't like that!

Comment

Must be the Fresno Bulldog we had on here a few years ago, he had the whole freaking world going D1 and when I challenged that, he wasn't happy. I started calling them D1annabes and he really didn't like that!
                      No- this guy calls himself David St. He isn't on here as far as I know.

Comment

Hmmm wonder if Bill gates and Paul Allen associated in any way with the 3 schools? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I don't even think SFU can go D1 yet if they wanted, but I remember that they wanted D1 hockey. Of course in BC I'm sure that they could get players to compete in hockey pretty well.
                          They would definitely be a player in D1 hockey.

Comment

No- this guy calls himself David St. He isn't on here as far as I know.
                            David doesn't know anything, there's no prayer for WOU and I think SFU to go D1. I don't think CWU could jump being in Ellensburg and not near money bases in a nearby city. But no way could WOU go D1 and I don't think SFU could either. People should know the schools before making crazy comments. It would be nice if someone jumped up like SOU and C of I. A decent indy schedule can be put together with 2 LSC road games, 2 LSC home games, round robin in GNAC, that's 8, and two non-leagues, at least one FCS if not two. People always tell me that going to Texas twice is impossible ... they did it last year; and the LSC sent two teams to Monmouth. I like the agreement. Two FCS games would pay for a lot of that travel, IMO. I'm not the A.D., but I think it would pay some bills ... all of that is better than not having football.

Comment

David doesn't know anything, there's no prayer for WOU and I think SFU to go D1. I don't think CWU could jump being in Ellensburg and not near money bases in a nearby city. But no way could WOU go D1 and I don't think SFU could either. People should know the schools before making crazy comments. It would be nice if someone jumped up like SOU and C of I. A decent indy schedule can be put together with 2 LSC road games, 2 LSC home games, round robin in GNAC, that's 8, and two non-leagues, at least one FCS if not two. People always tell me that going to Texas twice is impossible ... they did it last year; and the LSC sent two teams to Monmouth. I like the agreement. Two FCS games would pay for a lot of that travel, IMO. I'm not the A.D., but I think it would pay some bills ... all of that is better than not having football.
                              What is a scary thought, GNAC is smaller now than when CWU and WWU moved to the NCC for two years. HSU and WOU were left as independents then if I remember right. That move wasn't so bad for CWU reaching the SR finals one of those 2 years in the NCC. People like to bring up travel to the RMAC, but those NCC years were equivalent to playing NSIC teams as they have several of those NCC teams.

Comment

The problem with the GNAC is not enough teams play football. St. Martin's and NNU have 1,200 students each, no football. Alaska schools no football, but that would be near-impossible; WWU and Humboldt cut it. NNU is a half-mile or less from a nice prep football stadium, needs a better turf but NNU could do that and make it nice and add football. They've never had it, so they won't add it. Nampa is the 9th-fastest growing city in America; Meridian, which borders Nampa, is the No. 1 fastest-growing city in America. NNU still won't add it. St. Martin's sits in a good prep football area, they won't add it. You either want it or you don't. Humboldt had one of the best game-day atmospheres in college football any division and some clown president can come in, cut it, and leave town. Just crazy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X