Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWU vs. Montana April 10!

CWU will play at least 1 game this spring, and it will be the rescheduled game vs. Montana! If fans are allowed, it will probably be really tough to get tickets which would be limited. But great to see this game back on! I wonder who will be quarterback for CWU. Christian Moore, or will Arizona State transfer Jack Smith already have enough practices under his belt to take over?

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    CWU will play at least 1 game this spring, and it will be the rescheduled game vs. Montana! If fans are allowed, it will probably be really tough to get tickets which would be limited. But great to see this game back on! I wonder who will be quarterback for CWU. Christian Moore, or will Arizona State transfer Jack Smith already have enough practices under his belt to take over?
    Wow, that's awesome!

WOU seems to be left out in the cold with hoops, football ... heck, everything. Anyway, that's just great for CWU. Maybe WOU could go out of state for a game, too, since the Oregon governor doesn't recognize small college sports.

Comment

Huh, so they're going to get the team together to practice for one game? That's kinda crazy.

Comment

Official announcement. Still needs approval from Missoula Board of Health.

https://wildcatsports.com/news/2021/...grizzlies.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
          Huh, so they're going to get the team together to practice for one game? That's kinda crazy.
          They will already be doing spring ball. And CWU will be paid $35,000 to go play them

Comment

Comment

CWU is online only right now, so no, I did not.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

They will already be doing spring ball. And CWU will be paid $35,000 to go play them
                In the past, Montana has paid closer to $100,000

Comment

For now, Montana is doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

In the past, Montana has paid closer to $100,000
                    It wouldn't surprise me if the lesser amount is due to no fans. While I'm not sure what they charge, with what they draw I'm guessing it is a large amount they would be losing and also that they won't be able to get a money game themselves with spring football too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

It wouldn't surprise me if the lesser amount is due to no fans. While I'm not sure what they charge, with what they draw I'm guessing it is a large amount they would be losing and also that they won't be able to get a money game themselves with spring football too.
                      I had the same thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

For now, Montana is doing the same thing.
                        EWU released a schedule the other day, so the Big Sky is going to give it a shot, I guess.

Comment

EWU released a schedule the other day, so the Big Sky is going to give it a shot, I guess.
                          A few Big Sky schools pulled out of a spring schedule: Portland State, Southern Utah (I think), both Montana schools, and Northern Colorado. Looks like the CWU game is an outlier for UM as I believe they're not playing league this spring. Sac State also pulled out. I wouldn't play, they have a fall season coming up. I'd do a couple games, that would be it.

Comment

That's exciting. Should be a good game.

Comment

https://gogriz.com/news/2021/3/18/fo...ing-games.aspx

Game will be 11am Mountain time and a limited number of fans will be allowed! Hopefully I can get some tickets.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X