Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small college football played in the Northwest!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small college football played in the Northwest!

Wow, Whitworth and Puget Sound got a game in last weekend in chilly Spokane. Great photos here. I like what the Whitworth receiver said: "We play D3 football because we love the game." Thank you.

https://www.spokesman.com/galleries/...d-feb-13-2021/

Meanwhile in Oregon, WOU hasn't played one intercollegiate sport this year.

Originally posted by tsull View Post
    Wow, Whitworth and Puget Sound got a game in last weekend in chilly Spokane. Great photos here. I like what the Whitworth receiver said: "We play D3 football because we love the game." Thank you.

https://www.spokesman.com/galleries/...d-feb-13-2021/

Meanwhile in Oregon, WOU hasn't played one intercollegiate sport this year.
    I see it was before the storm. Good to see a local coverage of it though from the Spokesman Review.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I see it was before the storm. Good to see a local coverage of it though from the Spokesman Review.
      Whitworth won big, I think 53-6. Anyway, correct on the great coverage. The Spokesman doesn't think Whitworth is a joke because they're D3. The Salem reporters not only can't drive 15 miles to Monmouth to cover WOU; they can't drive a few blocks to cover Willamette. State of Oregon sports journalism is at an all-time low right now, it's really bad. The Eugene paper used to be awesome, now it's a Gannett rag.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Whitworth won big, I think 53-6. Anyway, correct on the great coverage. The Spokesman doesn't think Whitworth is a joke because they're D3. The Salem reporters not only can't drive 15 miles to Monmouth to cover WOU; they can't drive a few blocks to cover Willamette. State of Oregon sports journalism is at an all-time low right now, it's really bad. The Eugene paper used to be awesome, now it's a Gannett rag.
        And Salem doesn't even have a D1 University! Spokane has the #1 team in the nation to cover as well and gave the game coverage. Then again, Seattle sports doesn't really seem to want to even acknowledge Gonzaga and a few years ago they were talking about how they felt the Huskies would win the basketball championship in the next 10 years.... as the first Washington school to do so. I think that was shortly after Gonzaga beat Duke if I remember right.

I glad that Yakima also still drives the 30 miles to Ellensburg.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X