Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWU Star RB Michael Roots to Transfer

The unthinkable and unimaginable just happened, but Central's star running back has graduated and is transferring to play his final year of college ball and as a grad transfer elsewhere. He rushed for over 2,700 yards in his two seasons with the Wildcats. This is a major blow but he is a Division 1 talent and we might see him somewhere in a Big Sky program next fall.

https://twitter.com/Racecar_Roots/st...714719744?s=19

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    The unthinkable and unimaginable just happened, but Central's star running back has graduated and is transferring to play his final year of college ball and as a grad transfer elsewhere. He rushed for over 2,700 yards in his two seasons with the Wildcats. This is a major blow but he is a Division 1 talent and we might see him somewhere in a Big Sky program next fall.

https://twitter.com/Racecar_Roots/st...714719744?s=19
    I hope he does well. I know grad transfers are more common in basketball. At least we had more than one good running back 2 seasons ago... He may also end up in FBS with those numbers and maybe WSU would take a look at him.

Comment

Washington State just took a transfer running back from Wisconsin. No offense, but Roots is not a Pac-12 player. I'm a Cougar fan and I seriously hope they focus on taking power 5 transfers if they are going to take transfers. The FCS transfers they've taken over the years have washed out.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
        Washington State just took a transfer running back from Wisconsin. No offense, but Roots is not a Pac-12 player. I'm a Cougar fan and I seriously hope they focus on taking power 5 transfers if they are going to take transfers. The FCS transfers they've taken over the years have washed out.
        I hadn't seen that, so thanks. MWC is always an option too at the FBS level.

Comment

North Dakota transfer Cameron McKinney figures to be CWU's starter going forward. Good to have a couple RBs tomorrow with FCS experience.

Comment

https://www.dailyrecordnews.com/spor...BoFA9ocCFHOgbk

Confirmed that Roots is not playing today. He is already gone.

Comment

Roots will be going to D1. He just committed to Dixie State where he will reunite with former CWU OC Kelly Bills. https://twitter.com/Racecar_Roots/st...28495467364364

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                Roots will be going to D1. He just committed to Dixie State where he will reunite with former CWU OC Kelly Bills. https://twitter.com/Racecar_Roots/st...28495467364364
                D1 by definition only...

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

D1 by definition only...

Comment

I looked at DSU It looks like their top rusher from the brief 2020 season was a freshman, second leading rusher was the quarterback, third leading rusher was another freshman. So especially with Kelly Bills leading the offense, Roots will get plenty of snaps.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

D1 by definition only...
                      exactly

Comment

If CWU played Dixie, I'd pick CWU. WOU with a paltry number of scholarships hung with Portland State, beat Sac State, and beat Southern Utah in the last decade. CWU almost beat one of Montana's best teams in Missoula, losing on a last-second FG. Players are too caught up on FCS vs. D2. Also, what if Roots doesn't like his situation down there? Does he quit?

Comment

Roots doesn't like his situation down there? Does he quit?
                          He seemed to do quite well under Kelly Bills in 2019 so I am sure he will like it just fine this time around too.

Comment

If CWU played Dixie, I'd pick CWU. WOU with a paltry number of scholarships hung with Portland State, beat Sac State, and beat Southern Utah in the last decade. CWU almost beat one of Montana's best teams in Missoula, losing on a last-second FG. Players are too caught up on FCS vs. D2. Also, what if Roots doesn't like his situation down there? Does he quit?
                            Did CWU play Montana a few weeks ago? What was that score?

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

Did CWU play Montana a few weeks ago? What was that score?
                              You mean that glorified scrimmage where FCS got literally 10 times more practices than D2? Yeah, that one. Maybe Montana can play some D3 schools ... they didn't have football at all.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X