Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsull View Post

You mean that glorified scrimmage where FCS got literally 10 times more practices than D2? Yeah, that one. Maybe Montana can play some D3 schools ... they didn't have football at all.

Comment

Montana 59
      Central Washington 3

https://gogriz.com/news/2021/4/10/fo...ng-season.aspx

Comment

The Montana football program and the Dixie State football program don't really equate. Looking at the games DSC played this spring, they split two games with Tarleton and lost to two other FCS teams they played and beat the heck out of Fort Lewis which is an RMAC tradition. Montana is always in the playoff hunt and has a very strong program.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

The Montana football program and the Dixie State football program don't really equate. Looking at the games DSC played this spring, they split two games with Tarleton and lost to two other FCS teams they played and beat the heck out of Fort Lewis which is an RMAC tradition. Montana is always in the playoff hunt and has a very strong program.
          Thank you, that is truly info no one else knows.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

I remember when Dixie State was in the GNAC and would lose regularly to SFU. Back when the conference had 7 football schools!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

Thank you, that is truly info no one else knows.
              No problem, always willing to help out the under informed.

Comment

Michael Roots just announced that he is decommitting from Dixie State and reopening his recruitment. Not sure what is going on there because I look like he was going to get a lot of playing time. It doesn't look like Kelly Bills is leaving. Maybe they added another transfer running back? Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                  Michael Roots just announced that he is decommitting from Dixie State and reopening his recruitment. Not sure what is going on there because I look like he was going to get a lot of playing time. It doesn't look like Kelly Bills is leaving. Maybe they added another transfer running back? Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                    Why not make the most of the CWU situation, it's not like the. coach is going to risk losing to win some battle with Roots. He's going to get his snaps. Maybe make the most of where you're at, like Bighill, Mike Reilly, and others ... then again, that would take hard work, persistence, sticking with it, can't have that in today's world.

Comment

Comment

I'm sure he'll get the Heisman if he just finds the right school. I'm not saying they should be tethered, never said that. Where did I say they were dumb? Do you have reading comprehension issues? I'm saying they should see the situation they're getting into. I've seen more portal guys flop (mostly in basketball) than succeed. Some guys should leave if they're not liking the program.

Going to Dixie is hardly an upgrade. When you're looking at 4 schools in 4 years, maybe, just maybe the issue isn't with the coaches. Perhaps they should quit listening to 7-on-7 coaches/agents/handlers, etc., telling them they are the greatest player ever. If Roots is so great, someone bigger than Dixie would want him.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Racecar_Roots/st...887977473?s=19
                          Roots just picked up an offer from CSU Pueblo, one of the RMAC powerhouses. Jon Kitna's son Jordan is the QB there, I think. Or at least he was before the pandemic

Comment

Comment

Job hopping is a fairly common and somewhat standard practice these days. So is transferring for academic purposes.

Food for thought, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Job hopping is a fairly common and somewhat standard practice these days. So is transferring for academic purposes.

Food for thought, anyway.
                                The deal is is I don't know any coach that is taken six jobs in 6 years and there are a number of guys in the basketball portal who are doing that. There are two guys from Seattle who between their high school and college transferring have gone to 14 schools in 16 years.

I know some position coach guys in football who jump around a bit and there are some head coaches but some of these players are just ridiculous in their constant transferring, and I don't know how one can get traction in a program or an academic department or a university by doing this. About 98% of these guys in all the college football are not going on to professional football so what's the purpose of all this transferring? Michael Roots isn't going to the NFL.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X