Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsull View Post
    Roots and Moore are now re-thinking bolting CWU and the playing time that came with it. Now they're stuck at their schools as practice players, ugh. Roots would've dominated at CWU; Moore, I'm not sure. These guys get bad advice.
    A bit of action stretch to say after one game for Roots against one of the best defenses in D2. He should stay where he has no chance to even see post season play? I really doubt he's rethinking anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

A bit of action stretch to say after one game for Roots against one of the best defenses in D2. He should stay where he has no chance to even see post season play? I really doubt he's rethinking anything.

Comment

Pueblo has the much better chance at the playoffs just because they play in an actual large conference. And Roots did fine sharing RB duties in 2018 with Cedric Cooper. Both rushed for over 1000 yards.

Comment

While he has a better chance of making the playoffs with Pueblo in the RMAC because of the conference size, automatic bid and an upper tier team, he did not transfer to have a better shot at making the playoffs. Remember, he transferred to Dixie State. Dixie State is not eligible for the playoffs or conference titles yet because they are still in the process of becoming D1. 5 years and 5 schools. He listened to some advice of others and made his decision. I hope he does well but history says rent a player and that is his choice. In the end, Pueblo will probably be happy to have him and he will probably be happy with his decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post
            While he has a better chance of making the playoffs with Pueblo in the RMAC because of the conference size, automatic bid and an upper tier team, he did not transfer to have a better shot at making the playoffs. Remember, he transferred to Dixie State. Dixie State is not eligible for the playoffs or conference titles yet because they are still in the process of becoming D1. 5 years and 5 schools. He listened to some advice of others and made his decision. I hope he does well but history says rent a player and that is his choice. In the end, Pueblo will probably be happy to have him and he will probably be happy with his decisions.
            I don't know my Pueblo history, I know the best CFL player is a CWU grad, one of the best CFL defenders is a CWU grad. I know some other GNAC players made the NFL, including one from a program no longer in existence. He starts in the NFL. I know two RB's from defunct GNAC programs were in NFL camps; I know one GNAC receiver recently signed a $44M NFL contract.

So if the RMAC has that juice, more power to Roots. I don't think it does have that track record.

Comment

I don't know my Pueblo history, I know the best CFL player is a CWU grad, one of the best CFL defenders is a CWU grad. I know some other GNAC players made the NFL, including one from a program no longer in existence. He starts in the NFL. I know two RB's from defunct GNAC programs were in NFL camps; I know one GNAC receiver recently signed a $44M NFL contract.

So if the RMAC has that juice, more power to Roots. I don't think it does have that track record.
              You for got the Tight End that also has a Super Bowl Ring. I'm surprised by that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

You for got the Tight End that also has a Super Bowl Ring. I'm surprised by that.
                Yep, should've put Boss in, thanks.

Roots got bad advice.

Comment

Yep, should've put Boss in, thanks.

Roots got bad advice.
                  If he went there for shorter road trips I would understand it. I hope he also concentrates on his study as very few D2 stars make it as pros and even Mike Reilley worked out at Hanford for a while.

Comment

If he went there for shorter road trips I would understand it. I hope he also concentrates on his study as very few D2 stars make it as pros and even Mike Reilley worked out at Hanford for a while.
                    Doubtful, he transferred twice within a few weeks and I'm guessing he will transfer at the end of this season.

Comment

Doubtful, he transferred twice within a few weeks and I'm guessing he will transfer at the end of this season.
                      Well, at least for Mike Reilley he has a well paying career after football as an engineer. This should be the norm, not the exception in small college football and a lot of big colleges too. The vast majority of even Power 5 players don't end up playing in the NFL or CFL.

Comment

Well, at least for Mike Reilley he has a well paying career after football as an engineer. This should be the norm, not the exception in small college football and a lot of big colleges too. The vast majority of even Power 5 players don't end up playing in the NFL or CFL.
                        I agree but Reilley signed an $800,000 a year contract for many years, I doubt he will be going into engineering.

Comment

I agree but Reilley signed an $800,000 a year contract for many years, I doubt he will be going into engineering.
                          It sure helped him before the Steelers signed him his rookie year. Unless it is his wife's idea, I also don't see him moving back to the Tri-Cities but former Tri-City American player who is the owner and now the coach Stu Barnes is. Mentioning hockey for our SFU fans on this board.

Comment

It sure helped him before the Steelers signed him his rookie year. Unless it is his wife's idea, I also don't see him moving back to the Tri-Cities but former Tri-City American player who is the owner and now the coach Stu Barnes is. Mentioning hockey for our SFU fans on this board.
                            I remember Washington State University place kicker/punter Jason Hanson saying for sure he's going to medical school when his football career is over.

I believe his NFL kicking career lasted 20 years and he became very wealthy off of that. Kind of hard to start med school in your 40s, and Hanson is not doing that.

Reilly is a great advertisement for what a student athlete should be, professional football career or not.

Going back to Michael Roots, I just think he could have made a good football and academic life for himself in Ellensburg, but maybe that's just me. To quote the late, great Frosty Westering: Make the big time where you are.

Comment

To be fair, CSUP has an OL (Ryan Jensen) with a Super Bowl ring and Morgan Fox is in his 5th year. Mike Pennell (DL) also has Super Bowl ring with the Chiefs. Danny Woodhead (Chadron State) is another RMAC player that had a great NFL career. He was denied a ring by Boss' former team - Giants.

Comment

Reilly is a great advertisement for what a student athlete should be, professional football career or not.
                                Yep. Great human being.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X