Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he's talented enough for the NFL the scouts will easily find him in Pueblo lol. They know their way there at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

To be fair, CSUP has an OL (Ryan Jensen) with a Super Bowl ring and Morgan Fox is in his 5th year. Mike Pennell (DL) also has Super Bowl ring with the Chiefs. Danny Woodhead (Chadron State) is another RMAC player that had a great NFL career. He was denied a ring by Boss' former team - Giants.
      Austin Ekeler isn't doing too terribly for himself either.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Austin Ekeler isn't doing too terribly for himself either.
        I'm stuck in the past apparently. :)

Comment

If he's talented enough for the NFL the scouts will easily find him in Pueblo lol. They know their way there at this point.
          Given how NFL teams value running backs these days, A D2 back is not going to get any attention unless he's absolutely running over the competition. If he wasn't good enough to secure the starting spot at CSUP, then he can forget the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Given how NFL teams value running backs these days, A D2 back is not going to get any attention unless he's absolutely running over the competition. If he wasn't good enough to secure the starting spot at CSUP, then he can forget the NFL.
            And if that's the case then he could forget the NFL had he stayed at CWU too as it means he's not good enough. The jealousy and animosity throughout this thread are pretty sad to be honest. NFL scouts will be in touch with CSUP throughout the year as always and Roots will get to show his stuff both in games and at the annual pro day. The RB he is sharing carries with, DJ Penick, started as a true freshman at Murray State and is also very talented. They will rotate and both get their chances to shine.

Comment

And if that's the case then he could forget the NFL had he stayed at CWU too as it means he's not good enough. The jealousy and animosity throughout this thread are pretty sad to be honest. NFL scouts will be in touch with CSUP throughout the year as always and Roots will get to show his stuff both in games and at the annual pro day. The RB he is sharing carries with, DJ Penick, started as a true freshman at Murray State and is also very talented. They will rotate and both get their chances to shine.
              I think you're reading too much into this. I question his move, but it's not jealousy or animosity. I'm just saying it doesn't make much sense. He would have been the feature back at CWU, he's not at CSUP. If he WAS at CSUP, then it'd make a lot of sense. Just like Moore not starting at Mesa, the move doesn't look like it's paying off.

Comment

I think you're reading too much into this. I question his move, but it's not jealousy or animosity. I'm just saying it doesn't make much sense. He would have been the feature back at CWU, he's not at CSUP. If he WAS at CSUP, then it'd make a lot of sense. Just like Moore not starting at Mesa, the move doesn't look like it's paying off.
                Didn't mean from you, just throughout the thread from various CWU fans.

He's played one game against one of the best defenses in D2 and split carries with another talented RB who has been in the system a couple years now. I just think people are jumping on this notion that it was a bad move just a tad early.

If he's good enough the scouts will see. If he's not, it won't matter where he chose to play.

Comment

If people want to better their position in school and football, they can do so. People can also question that move. My take on Roots is he was the feature back at CWU. Maybe he had a falling out with the coaching staff. Early returns is that this wasn't a good move.

Regarding the NFL, a stretch even if he was a 1,000-yard back at CWU or wherever. Watson and Gardner didn't make it, I thought both better than Roots. It's also not a valued position in the NFL. They move through guys rather quick, about 2 years, maybe 3 and they're looking at another back. Boise State has had some really great backs in the league and now they're slowly seeing their roles diminished in years 2, 3, and 4.

Also, Roots, Moore, and others I'm sure, knew the risks of transferring. To me he was a star at CWU. CSUP? Maybe not.

Comment

Mike's a good kid and I wish him the best. It's just one game so don't get your panties in a bunch. He'll be just fine. NFL scouts know where CWU is and have been at practices the past 3 weeks Kansas City, Chicago, Philly, Arizona and others.

Comment

Roots was 9 for 22 yesterday, as Pueblo got handled by GVSU. Might be a down year for Pueblo.

Comment

Roots was 9 for 22 yesterday, as Pueblo got handled by GVSU. Might be a down year for Pueblo.
                        Longest rush being 5 yards.Ouch! It is too early to go that far though because they did face two of the top teams in the country in the first two games. Tough schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

Longest rush being 5 yards.Ouch! It is too early to go that far though because they did face two of the top teams in the country in the first two games. Tough schedule.
                          Did former CWU QB Moore play last week for Mesa? Wondering if the grass wasn't greener on the other side ...

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Did former CWU QB Moore play last week for Mesa? Wondering if the grass wasn't greener on the other side ...
                            Mesa had a bye last weekend. But as far as I know he is the QB2 there so not sure if he will see much playing time unless the QB1 gets hurt or begins to struggle.

Comment

Roots 64 yards on 11 carries in win vs Black Hills

Comment

Roots finally had a good game against SD Mines (our former conference mates). 14 for 145 and 2TDs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X