Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWU Leading WR Tyson Rainwater Also to Transfer!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWU Leading WR Tyson Rainwater Also to Transfer!

Tyson Rainwater, CWU's leading receiver from 2019 with 795 receiving yards, has also announced his decision to transfer. He is the 3rd key offensive starter to transfer in the past 5 days following RB Michael Roots and QB Christian Moore.

https://twitter.com/rainwater_tyson/...84429713084417

What is causing all of these players to suddenly decide to leave such a great program? I could see if we were Simon Fraser (no offense, but making a point here). Getting their degrees and looking to get their next degree elsewhere? Satisfied with the GNAC championship rings they already won? Because of the diminishing GNAC football conference down to only 3 teams?

Rainwater a 300-yard season guy in the Big Sky; Roots better than that. Moore not seeing the field at the FCS level, wasn't even first team GNAC last time there was a season. Their homies are telling them they are "the man" at their next stop. Probably not. Roots is next level talent. The other two? Maybe Rainwater and that's a stretch ... he could be lucky that Big Sky secondaries are absolutely horrific.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
      Rainwater a 300-yard season guy in the Big Sky; Roots better than that. Moore not seeing the field at the FCS level, wasn't even first team GNAC last time there was a season. Their homies are telling them they are "the man" at their next stop. Probably not. Roots is next level talent. The other two? Maybe Rainwater and that's a stretch ... he could be lucky that Big Sky secondaries are absolutely horrific.
      You seem to be assuming that they want to move up to Division 1. That is not necessarily true maybe aside from Roots. They may be looking at other D2 programs like in the RMAC we have a better shot at making the national playoffs

Comment

Be interesting to see where they land. Rainwater was far from being a top receiver, even at CWU. I also remember hearing his name a lot during the Montana game and the word "dropped." Of course, the CWU play-by-play guy is... not so good at the play-by-play.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

You seem to be assuming that they want to move up to Division 1. That is not necessarily true maybe aside from Roots. They may be looking at other D2 programs like in the RMAC we have a better shot at making the national playoffs
          I would tend to agree with tsull on this one. I do think they are listening to others and want to make that jump to say that they are a D1 talent. Once one leaves, it opens the door and made it easier for others to say I can do this also. IMO I think they will show up on other D2 rosters in the fall with lesser teams or maybe buried on the roster on a low end D1 team. I wish them the best and hope I am wrong, but I think they are listening to bad advice.

Comment

Roots could end up in a good situation. I am not familiar with Rainwater.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
              Roots could end up in a good situation. I am not familiar with Rainwater.
              I would agree Brandon on Roots. I think he is the outlier of the group. I was not very clear on him compared to the rest of that group in my earlier post.

Comment

Probably time for these guys to get moving, spring football is OVER at most schools, D2/FCS/FBS ... these guys are morons if they think they're going to come from a D2 school and enter fall camp and win starting jobs. After spring ball coaches have their starting lineups set. These guys have set themselves up for backup roles. Talk about a bunch of entitled, clueless dudes. Transfer in January or return to your old school. I'm sure they'll prove me wrong by getting those valuable minutes at NAU.

Comment

Rainwater just edited his Twitter bio to read "CWU Football" removing the transfer portal part. He does still have the pinned tweet about entering the transfer portal. So he may be sticking to CWU after all.

https://twitter.com/rainwater_tyson

Comment

Rainwater just edited his Twitter bio to read "CWU Football" removing the transfer portal part. He does still have the pinned tweet about entering the transfer portal. So he may be sticking to CWU after all.

https://twitter.com/rainwater_tyson
                    Obviously didn't get any better offers.

Comment

Seems like not long after I pointed out Tyson's Twitter bio, he just updated it again to read "WIU Football." So it looks like he is going D1 to Western Illinois.

Comment

Seems like not long after I pointed out Tyson's Twitter bio, he just updated it again to read "WIU Football." So it looks like he is going D1 to Western Illinois.
                        Guess he did get a better offer.

Comment

That would be FCS football, D1 in basketball and other sports only. Wow, what an incredible move, I'm sure the NFL is now taking notice (sarcasm alert).

Comment

That would be FCS football, D1 in basketball and other sports only. Wow, what an incredible move, I'm sure the NFL is now taking notice (sarcasm alert).
                            FCS is D1. D1 has two tiers: FBS and FCS.

Comment

You sound unbelievably salty. Obviously the kid didn't feel like the school or conference was where he wanted to be. I doubt he seriously believes he is going to make the NFL, but good on the kid for betting on himself and going to where he feels he needs to go.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X