Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWU Leading WR Tyson Rainwater Also to Transfer!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha, great stuff, really good.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

I'm not playing any game I don't believe FCS football is FBS football they're not eligible for the FBS football playoffs which is division 1, the other tier of division 1 is the group of five. FCS is not mentioned in the group of five or Power 5 of division 1 football.
      This is your opinion.

FBS does not have playoffs sponsored by the NCAA. In keeping track of the AD Cup, Alabama gets ZERO points in the Learfield AD Cup for their football "Win". The only sponsored championship is the FCS championship.

I don't understand why you have such a hard on about it. FCS is Division I, albeit a subset of it. Power 5 and Group of Five are made up by the media.

What is more disturbing is your trashing of these kids that are transferring and hoping they flop. Do you know any of these kids? Do you know their circumstances? That is really low for anyone. I expect more from you.
      Last edited by Runnin' Cat; 07-26-2021, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Want to know something a little funny? I'll break down last year's Final 4 in those tiers. The Champ was from D2, runner up from D5.5 (no football) and the other two were from D2 and D3. I'm glad this doesn't go into basketball yet. That could though make your D1 want to split off as they couldn't make the Final Four.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Want to know something a little funny? I'll break down last year's Final 4 in those tiers. The Champ was from D2, runner up from D5.5 (no football) and the other two were from D2 and D3. I'm glad this doesn't go into basketball yet. That could though make your D1 want to split off as they couldn't make the Final Four.

Comment

That could be what hurts the Pac-12. They have Pac-12 after dark, but most of their games are with FOX or the Pac-12 network.

Back on topic though, I don't blame players for wanting to move up a division especially in the GNAC to face harder competition. Not that there isn't competition, but with the double round robin and travel with the LSC next year I can see them wanting to go to a school with less travel, especially if they want to work on a degree at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

This is your opinion.

FBS does not have playoffs sponsored by the NCAA. In keeping track of the AD Cup, Alabama gets ZERO points in the Learfield AD Cup for their football "Win". The only sponsored championship is the FCS championship.

I don't understand why you have such a hard on about it. FCS is Division I, albeit a subset of it. Power 5 and Group of Five are made up by the media.

What is more disturbing is your trashing of these kids that are transferring and hoping they flop. Do you know any of these kids? Do you know their circumstances? That is really low for anyone. I expect more from you.
              I think you are equally upset, calling me a tool for wondering while fairly obscure regional colleges in the west are claiming to be Division 1 when they are not.

I don't know why you want to make this personal with the insults, usually this board is pretty good without that. My opinion just different from you I don't think you are a tool or an idiot, but I don't know why you want to insult people just to prove your point. Usually when the insults start flying I realize that the person doesn't have anything else to offer.

Comment

I think you are equally upset, calling me a tool for wondering while fairly obscure regional colleges in the west are claiming to be Division 1 when they are not.

I don't know why you want to make this personal with the insults, usually this board is pretty good without that. My opinion just different from you I don't think you are a tool or an idiot, but I don't know why you want to insult people just to prove your point. Usually when the insults start flying I realize that the person doesn't have anything else to offer.
                That 'non-D1' school up in Cheney almost beat Kansas in basketball. Are you saying their basketball program isn't D1? Another 'non-D1' school in ACU beat Texas. These aren't at all like when Chaminade, a true D2 school beat #1 Virginia. Also is a school like Gonzaga or Georgetown not Division I because they don't have football?

Comment

Not up[set at all. I called you out for thrashing kids you don't know at all. I also pointed out how you were wrong regarding DI. You were the one that doubled down.

If you think asking why "you have a hard on" is some personal insult, this is way bigger than any post I have made. You do have an agenda regarding administrators at schools as well as athletes. I just have called you on it. You used to add a lot to the discussion; now, you don't.

i regret you have issues that you cannot handle. Perhaps this isn't a place for you.

Comment

That 'non-D1' school up in Cheney almost beat Kansas in basketball. Are you saying their basketball program isn't D1? Another 'non-D1' school in ACU beat Texas. These aren't at all like when Chaminade, a true D2 school beat #1 Virginia. Also is a school like Gonzaga or Georgetown not Division I because they don't have football?
                    Actually I didn't say any of that that you wrote. I don't believe Eastern Washington's division one in football. I believe they are Division 1 in basketball because they have access to the big dance. Chaminade actually beat Virginia when they were an NAIA School. Western Oregon had beat them the year before to go to the nationals, and then the next year when they beat Virginia they beat Western in the district finals in Hawaii to go to nationals.

Abilene Christian is also a division 1 basketball school and other sports school but not Division 1 in football. They are fcs, there's nothing wrong with that, just like Eastern. I just don't believe they are FBS or group of five, that's all I'm saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

If people disagree with me on that that's fine, if they have to insult me to make a disagreement they are of pretty low character.

Comment

Playing the victim card hardly furthers one's credibility.

Comment

Not on the Western Illinois roster ... most likely out of football. Oh well, college sports is tough, not for everybody.

Comment

Why aren't they like that? Why isn't Chaminade a "D1" school when they beat Virginia? In my view, it's ridiculous to even include this as an argument. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen a football team think it was championship caliber because it played the eventual champion close. There is a lot more than goes into being a championship team that one close game against the eventual champion.

tsull has long been critical of institutions masquerading as equals of Duke or North Carolina. He has been consistent on this issue.

Comment

Rainwater no longer has the "WIU" on his Twitter bio. I cannot find anything on him. Looks like he hung up the cleats. I am also trying to find something on Mykel Campbell, wondering if he transferred somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Why aren't they like that? Why isn't Chaminade a "D1" school when they beat Virginia? In my view, it's ridiculous to even include this as an argument. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen a football team think it was championship caliber because it played the eventual champion close. There is a lot more than goes into being a championship team that one close game against the eventual champion.

tsull has long been critical of institutions masquerading as equals of Duke or North Carolina. He has been consistent on this issue.
                              Thanks, Brandon. I find that people are often easily distracted. Somebody wrote a blog post about Eastern Washington beating Kansas in basketball last year so they should stay d1. They didn't beat Kansas in basketball, they played well for a half.

I find the arms race isn't for every school and certainly not for 355 of them, just the point I was making.

About a decade ago, Western Oregon made the 20-mile trip to Corvallis to play Oregon State in men's basketball. Western Oregon won the game and was in control most of the way.

After the game I had no thoughts that the university should go into massive debt to build a new 10,000-seat arena, crank up the coaches salary to $300,000, start cheating to get players, build massive weight rooms and get the D1 identity. I never thought that. A lot of fans take that one victory or even playing close like Eastern against Kansas to justify some crazy moves by the university.

I thought it was a great effort by Western Oregon to beat the Beavers, a team that made the elite eight last year. It jump started a very nice division 2 playoff run for a few years in Monmouth. That was good enough.

Comment

Thanks, Brandon. I find that people are often easily distracted. Somebody wrote a blog post about Eastern Washington beating Kansas in basketball last year so they should stay d1. They didn't beat Kansas in basketball, they played well for a half.

I find the arms race isn't for every school and certainly not for 355 of them, just the point I was making.

About a decade ago, Western Oregon made the 20-mile trip to Corvallis to play Oregon State in men's basketball. Western Oregon won the game and was in control most of the way.

After the game I had no thoughts that the university should go into massive debt to build a new 10,000-seat arena, crank up the coaches salary to $300,000, start cheating to get players, build massive weight rooms and get the D1 identity. I never thought that. A lot of fans take that one victory or even playing close like Eastern against Kansas to justify some crazy moves by the university.

I thought it was a great effort by Western Oregon to beat the Beavers, a team that made the elite eight last year. It jump started a very nice division 2 playoff run for a few years in Monmouth. That was good enough.
                                Western Oregon may have the 3rd best basketball team in basketball with how bad Portland and Portland State are. Portland though hired the EWU coach after firing Terry Porter, but even if he gets them up to that EWU level I doubt they'll be competing for the WCC title with Gonzaga even with BYU moving to the Big 12.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X