Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWU Leading WR Tyson Rainwater Also to Transfer!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Western Oregon may have the 3rd best basketball team in basketball with how bad Portland and Portland State are. Portland though hired the EWU coach after firing Terry Porter, but even if he gets them up to that EWU level I doubt they'll be competing for the WCC title with Gonzaga even with BYU moving to the Big 12.
    Portland finally made a good hire. They've hired 3 former Trail Blazers and I think they're combined records were something like 100 and 350, they finally got off that track. The key in the WCC is to get 2nd and hope for an NCAA berth, though St. Mary's is quite good.

I'll always be of the theory that not everyone belongs in D1 and actually about 150 of the 355 don't belong, that D2 is not a bad place to be, and trying to get into the arm's race when you're Maryland Eastern Shore is a fool's errand.

The biggest poster child for going D2 is Chicago State, which plays in the wayward WAC, won 1 game in hoops last year and wins about 4 or 5 a year. The only publicity they're getting from being D1 is bad publicity ... and the school almost shut down and they STILL stayed D1. Insane.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Portland finally made a good hire. They've hired 3 former Trail Blazers and I think they're combined records were something like 100 and 350, they finally got off that track. The key in the WCC is to get 2nd and hope for an NCAA berth, though St. Mary's is quite good.

I'll always be of the theory that not everyone belongs in D1 and actually about 150 of the 355 don't belong, that D2 is not a bad place to be, and trying to get into the arm's race when you're Maryland Eastern Shore is a fool's errand.

The biggest poster child for going D2 is Chicago State, which plays in the wayward WAC, won 1 game in hoops last year and wins about 4 or 5 a year. The only publicity they're getting from being D1 is bad publicity ... and the school almost shut down and they STILL stayed D1. Insane.
      You are right about the WCC about getting to 2nd, although in 2020 they would have likely had 3 teams in the tournament. With BYU leaving though I wonder if they are going to stay a multi-bid conference and they also lose 1-2 Quadrant games for all teams in the WCC. That move though is great for BYU as they even have a Football championship in the past.

Comment

You are right about the WCC about getting to 2nd, although in 2020 they would have likely had 3 teams in the tournament. With BYU leaving though I wonder if they are going to stay a multi-bid conference and they also lose 1-2 Quadrant games for all teams in the WCC. That move though is great for BYU as they even have a Football championship in the past.
        I kind of never thought BYU fit the WCC. They have football and a huge basketball arena which WCC schools have neither of those. That said they are a fine basketball school and excellent football school and I thought the Big 12 should have taken them a decade ago. St Mary's is still good enough now and then to fight for a sweet 16 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

tsull has long been critical of institutions masquerading as equals of Duke or North Carolina. He has been consistent on this issue.
          Are you suggesting that if you are consistently one way that eventually are correct?

No one has said that institutions are masquerading as Duke or NC. They have said that institutions are in the same DI level. Like any level, there are many levels of players.

tsull is consistent about his disdain.
          Last edited by Runnin' Cat; 09-16-2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Are you suggesting that if you are consistently one way that eventually are correct?

No one has said that institutions are masquerading as Duke of NC. They have said that institutions are in the same DI level. Like any level, there are many levels of players.

tsull is consistent about his disdain.
            I remember when you were a pretty good guy, we private messaged a few times about track and field running. Seemed like you were really cool. Not sure what happened.

Comment

I remember when you were a pretty good guy, we private messaged a few times about track and field running. Seemed like you were really cool. Not sure what happened.
              Same guy. Nothing happened except called you out on your misinformed disdain.

Comment

Same guy. Nothing happened except called you out on your misinformed disdain.
                It's annoying or disturbing. Maybe both. Having a guy in their mid 50"s or 60 who's one cheese burger away from a heart attack talking **** about 19 year old kids transferring to another school. Who cares it's their decision.

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post

It's annoying or disturbing. Maybe both. Having a guy in their mid 50"s or 60 who's one cheese burger away from a heart attack talking **** about 19 year old kids transferring to another school. Who cares it's their decision.
                  Love those Tav Cheeseburgers ... yum!

Comment

I don't know anyone that can argue with that!

Comment

Super Mother with both....yes sir.

Comment

Super Mother with both....yes sir.
                        In the beer garden on a nice hot day?

Comment

In the beer garden on a nice hot day?
                          and beer