Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More CWU Turmoil Revealed

https://www.facebook.com/27747498230...95846478651797

CNW News, CWU's student news did a report on Moore, Roots, and Rainwater transferring. They reported Moore held 7 offers already and Moore tweeted that big news is coming. Moore told CNW News that a factor leading to his decision was coaching changes, indicating he didn't see eye to eye with new OC Zach Tinker? CNW reported that Rainwater will return to CWU is he doesn't get any offers he likes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfDvlL0ZSx0

Ryland Spencer and Brandon Huffman, two local high school football recruiting experts from Cascadia Preps, also did a podcast discussion on CWU's woes. Most notably, Spencer reported that multiple CWU football players informed him that they lost their scholarships, mainly guys from the 2019 and 2020 recruiting classes. Spencer accusing CWU of mismanaging their scholarships with the seniors getting that extra year and that year of eligibility being paused. The guys who reached out to Spencer told him things were really bad at CWU and they couldn't wait to get out. Redshirt freshman DB Darius Carlson announced on Twitter he is transferring with all 4 years left to play.

For me it is hard to believe this kind of drama could happen at CWU, such a prestigious and successful program that I thought persevered through the pandemic pretty well. But then again, there are always politics in competitive sports.

On a positive note: Former CWU rugger Robert Zarcone played in his first professional rugby game last Saturday for the San Diego Legion of Major League Rugby. They beat the Utah Warriors 31-29. Kudos to Robert and CWU rugby. https://sdlegion.com/blogs/team/robert-cole-zarcone
    Last edited by crixus; 04-22-2021, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
      On a positive note: Former CWU rugger Robert Zarcone played in his first professional rugby game last Saturday for the San Diego Legion of Major League Rugby. They beat the Utah Warriors 31-29. Kudos to Robert and CWU rugby. https://sdlegion.com/blogs/team/robert-cole-zarcone
      Cole, not Robert. See now if players are going to leave the football program they should at least switch over to rugby and stay at CWU.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

Cole, not Robert. See now if players are going to leave the football program they should at least switch over to rugby and stay at CWU.
        Robert is his first name and that's what they referred to him by during the game I watched over the weekend on CBS Sports Network.
        Last edited by crixus; 04-22-2021, 07:42 PM.

Comment

I will defend CWU and the coaches a bit here. Getting that extra year scholarship in D2 is next to impossible. The players should know this, but I get it, they're very entitled. Here's the deal: In D2 if you're a big boy, you have 36 scholarships. I think CWU is around that, maybe 32. Let's round it to 30. You have 100 players on the roster, you have 25-30 incoming and potentially very few departing because of that extra year. These guys aren't going to the NFL and if they love the game, they're probably sticking around. Where is the extra $$$ coming from? Do these guys really think CWU has dough for 45 scholarships? They've been hit in the helmet too many times.

It's one thing to question your program or school, it's another to be completely clueless. It's tough to suffer fools these days when a lot of their information is a 5-second Google search away.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
            I will defend CWU and the coaches a bit here. Getting that extra year scholarship in D2 is next to impossible. The players should know this, but I get it, they're very entitled. Here's the deal: In D2 if you're a big boy, you have 36 scholarships. I think CWU is around that, maybe 32. Let's round it to 30. You have 100 players on the roster, you have 25-30 incoming and potentially very few departing because of that extra year. These guys aren't going to the NFL and if they love the game, they're probably sticking around. Where is the extra $$$ coming from? Do these guys really think CWU has dough for 45 scholarships? They've been hit in the helmet too many times.

It's one thing to question your program or school, it's another to be completely clueless. It's tough to suffer fools these days when a lot of their information is a 5-second Google search away.
            Bingo!

Comment

That was extremely poor reporting from Spencer. He did not interview a coach, his I heard from a kid who heard from a kid sounds like really high quality reporting. Look at most schools around and tell me they did not release players from scholarships. I know Eastern, UW and WSU did but CWU has poor management??? Bottom line... If you can play you get your scholarship when you only have so many to go around.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X