Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWU 2021 schedule

https://wildcatsports.com/news/2021/...-schedule.aspx

10 games. Opens with THREE straight road games starting 9/2 at Eastern NM followed by 9/11 at EWU. Home opener 9/25 vs Angelo State, when students back on campus. I noticed they host the new Lincoln team from California on 10/30.

Are we allowed to travel to Canada now? Haven't kept up on things.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
      Are we allowed to travel to Canada now? Haven't kept up on things.
      We will have to hope by September will will be.

Comment

Congrats on putting together a very good schedule and an interesting one, too. I remember when Western Oregon played Midwestern State and Angelo State, both very good teams, especially Angelo's State they had a lot of guys who looked big time.

I'd also like to welcome Lincoln University of California to the football schedule and hopefully Western Oregon plays them, too. I know they've been scrutinized on this board and that's okay but I'm glad they're trying. We've seen a lot of quitting over the years, I'm glad someone's trying to play football in the division 2 ranks on the West Coast.

Excellent schedule, hope that international border opens I don't know what's going on there, except that it's closed right now.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
          https://wildcatsports.com/news/2021/...-schedule.aspx

10 games. Opens with THREE straight road games starting 9/2 at Eastern NM followed by 9/11 at EWU. Home opener 9/25 vs Angelo State, when students back on campus. I noticed they host the new Lincoln team from California on 10/30.
          Playing the same football team twice in two weeks (Western Oregon) seems strange to me. I guess there wasn't a way to spread them out? I do find the game with Lincoln very interesting. Anytime a brand new team takes the field it's cool. You'll probably blow them out, but I'd still like to watch that one. Enjoy!
          Last edited by crixus; 05-28-2021, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

Playing the same football team twice in two weeks (Western Oregon) seems strange to me. I guess there wasn't a way to spread them out? I do find the game with Lincoln very interesting. Anytime a brand new team takes the field it's cool. You'll probably blow them out, but I'd still like to watch that one. Enjoy!
            The GNAC has been doing the football round robin for pretty much its entire existence. There just aren't enough teams in the area.

Comment

Yakima Herald writeup.

https://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/...503aa6d2f.html

Comment

Playing the same football team twice in two weeks (Western Oregon) seems strange to me. I guess there wasn't a way to spread them out?
                Yeah that's normal in the GNAC. Teams play each other twice. Even back when HSU, APU, Mines, Dixie, etc were around.

Comment

Yeah that's normal in the GNAC. Teams play each other twice. Even back when HSU, APU, Mines, Dixie, etc were around.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

The GNAC has been doing the football round robin for pretty much its entire existence. There just aren't enough teams in the area.
                    Yes, I know that GNAC teams play each other twice per season. But playing the same team back to back (CWU vs WOU) is what seems strange to me. Is that common too?

Comment

Yes, I know that GNAC teams play each other twice per season. But playing the same team back to back (CWU vs WOU) is what seems strange to me. Is that common too?
                      There's a week off in between, but yeah, still a bit weird. Though I do recall that CWU played UC Davis one year, beat the heck out of them, and then played them the next week in the first round of the playoffs and lost.

Comment

Just the way the schedule worked out this year. Buy yeah there is a bye week in there too.

Comment

Just the way the schedule worked out this year. Buy yeah there is a bye week in there too.
                          Do you know if Lincoln University (CA) is planning on joining the GNAC in the future? It would be nice to get the conference back up to at least 4 football teams.

Last edited by crixus; 05-29-2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Do you know if Lincoln University (CA) is planning on joining the GNAC in the future? It would be nice to get the conference back up to at least 4 football teams.

In response to an email I sent, they said they're "pursuing membership in either the NAIA or NCAA". I didn't ask about any specific conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

In response to an email I sent, they said they're "pursuing membership in either the NAIA or NCAA". I didn't ask about any specific conference.
                              I emailed them when I first read they were adding football, but they never answered me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X