Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWU picked to win GNAC again

It wasn't easy but they had to round up all of the head football coaches in the conference to vote for who they think is the favorite to win the conference this year. And in a stunning development that no one saw coming, CWU is picked to win it. Even more shocking all of the coaches in the conference picked Central first. And I am very pleased to see Simon Fraser is picked to finish 3rd this year!

https://www.gnacsports.com/football/...es-its-return/

But seriously it will be interesting to see CWU with an entirely new offensive backfield and so many transfers on defense.

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    It wasn't easy but they had to round up all of the head football coaches in the conference to vote for who they think is the favorite to win the conference this year. And in a stunning development that no one saw coming, CWU is picked to win it. Even more shocking all of the coaches in the conference picked Central first. And I am very pleased to see Simon Fraser is picked to finish 3rd this year!

https://www.gnacsports.com/football/...es-its-return/

But seriously it will be interesting to see CWU with an entirely new offensive backfield and so many transfers on defense.
    At the worst CWU will be in the Top 3! Same with WOU and SFU!

Comment

I think Simon Fraser should use the following to help toot their own horn:

Simon Fraser was picked to finish third in the GNAC preseason poll, while defending champion Central Washington was picked to finish two spots above last place.

Side note: Has Simon Fraser revealed their new mascot/nickname yet?

Comment

Really wish they could expand the football portion of the GNAC. It's interesting to read on this website of the teams in the Midwest and South moving up to D2 and into leagues, or indy teams moving into leagues. Doesn't seem to hurt their enrollment or academic standing either.

I misjudged the Northwest/West while growing up. I thought people cared about sports as much as I did. They don't. I like California, go down there every year to vacation and visit friends, I didn't realize how much they hate football. I grew up with USC basically being the only game of the week on ABC (showing my age), foolishly having me believe the West cared about football. They don't. I'd guess that most high schools in California would drop football if they could. Now I know why San Diego State could barely build a stadium; that UCLA with all its resources sucks almost every year, why Cal Poly, Cal-Davis, Sac State, etc., are non-players on the national and often regional stage. On the other hand, it's very odd that the state can support a rather large, robust Junior College football system.

I'm sure the GNAC has explored it, but it's time to grow the conference heading east, not south. Just seems odd they can't find even 8 west coast schools that want to play D2 football. Very strange.

Comment

https://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/...f96b69f9d.html

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X