Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Humboldt Happenings

Originally posted by Lumberjack View Post
    If your new president wants it and the money is there, you can get football back. New Haven had a similar situation when they dropped football in 2003 after struggling to find opponents for several years as an independent and every football conference in the area rejected them. A new president came in the following year, got the donors lined up, and they finally convinced the Northeast 10 to let them in so they can justify bringing football back without blowing up the athletic department budget.

Comment

Just got caught up on Humboldt. Boy, what a difference from where things were a year ago.

I don't know anything about the university, but I know a little bit about both the new president and the consultant they hired to run athletics. Everything I read in this thread points in the direction of a complete 180 turn on football.

The timing of the AD getting axed is interesting. I'm intrigued by the fact they kept him as interim for so long.

The unpublished surplus suggests that it was never about money for football. Or at least it wasn't stopped due to a lack of it. Probably has more to do with someone's loyalties to the chancellor/system office. Whether that be the AD or someone above him.

The new prez was pretty visible around the Black Hills State athletic programs, just talking to people up there. Not sure where he is on football specifically. I had heard the culture within BHSU football was a mess. Unclear to me how much trickle down was involved.

What looks the most optimistic to me is the enlistment of the consultant. She's a pretty heavy hitter around the NCAA with expertise in athletic communications and community engagement. That says to me they're going all in to mend fences with the city and their alumni. Could that mean returning to football? Sure would go a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumberjack View Post
        New President, Dr. Tom Jackson from Black Hill State University, starts at Humboldt Friday, June 28th. He lists college Athletics as one of his passions....I like his first move:

https://humboldtsports.com/2019/06/2...-as-ad-at-hsu/

Still a faint heartbeat....

https://humboldtsports.com/2019/08/1...ootball-again/

Comment

I sure hope football is reinstated at Humboldt State. That four team conference is on football life support without the Lumberjacks.
          Last edited by crixus; 08-23-2019, 05:22 PM.
          Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X