Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International border happenings

Canadian border closure extended to September 21st. This affects the central Washington dash Simon Fraser football game which is slated for September 18th. Western Oregon is scheduled to go up to Burnaby the next week on the 25th, the way things are going I'm guessing it will be extended beyond September 21st.

I feel bad for all parties involved especially the Simon Fraser football players and staff.. I'm hoping Central Washington University can fill that part of their schedule, and perhaps Western Oregon seeing what happens if the border will open by the 25th of September.

Probably an ideal situation to play an independent division 2 team.

Originally posted by tsull View Post
    Canadian border closure extended to September 21st. This affects the central Washington dash Simon Fraser football game which is slated for September 18th. Western Oregon is scheduled to go up to Burnaby the next week on the 25th, the way things are going I'm guessing it will be extended beyond September 21st.

I feel bad for all parties involved especially the Simon Fraser football players and staff.. I'm hoping Central Washington University can fill that part of their schedule, and perhaps Western Oregon seeing what happens if the border will open by the 25th of September.

Probably an ideal situation to play an independent division 2 team.
    Maybe SFU can get something similar to the Blue Jays when they played in Buffalo. Speaking of that though, it is also curious how it will effect MLB and NHL's exceptions they have.

Small correction, with CWU having all players vaccinated it looks like they can cross the border: https://www.canada.ca/en/border-serv...to-canada.html That link is from earlier this month.

Fully vaccinated travellers will not need to take a post-arrival test unless they have been randomly selected to complete a day 1 COVID-19 molecular test. All travellers who are randomly selected for the border testing surveillance program must complete the mandatory testing requirements. Failure to do so may result in fines. There are no changes to the mandatory testing requirements for unvaccinated travellers.
    It makes me wonder if that is why CWU may have the vaccination mandate for the team.
    Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 08-22-2021, 05:40 PM.

Comment

US citizens can cross into Canada. The border closure is for Canadians entering the US by land. Canadians can FLY into the US though.

Comment

We need a football field where half is in the USA and the other half in Canada. There's a library back East like that. Half is in Vermont and the other half in Quebec.

??????

Comment

I'm guessing Simon Fraser has a waiver to play football in the United States. They're opening at the University of Idaho, that game has yet to be called off and it's next week. If it was called off it would have been by now. Also, Simon Fraser is not flying to Idaho, from what I've heard, they are a bus team. So my guess is they have waivers to play in the United States.

Comment

I'm guessing Simon Fraser has a waiver to play football in the United States. They're opening at the University of Idaho, that game has yet to be called off and it's next week. If it was called off it would have been by now. Also, Simon Fraser is not flying to Idaho, from what I've heard, they are a bus team. So my guess is they have waivers to play in the United States.
            If they have to fly, at least they have YVR. It wouldn't surprise me if they fly to the LSC games but I hope they can get the waiver. I know the Canucks also have a game in Spokane which would be more of a bus trip in the pre-season as there are no direct flights and I'm sure there are fans that would want to drive down too.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

If they have to fly, at least they have YVR. It wouldn't surprise me if they fly to the LSC games but I hope they can get the waiver. I know the Canucks also have a game in Spokane which would be more of a bus trip in the pre-season as there are no direct flights and I'm sure there are fans that would want to drive down too.
                Those are great questions. It's got to be cheaper to bus to Moscow, Idaho then to fly to Spokane and take a chartered bus down; flying into the Moscow-Pullman airport is not an option.

Yes, I imagine they're spending their money on the flights to the Lone Star conference. But so far that game against Idaho is being played a week from today.

Comment

Those are great questions. It's got to be cheaper to bus to Moscow, Idaho then to fly to Spokane and take a chartered bus down; flying into the Moscow-Pullman airport is not an option.

Yes, I imagine they're spending their money on the flights to the Lone Star conference. But so far that game against Idaho is being played a week from today.
                  Agreed on the Moscow/Pullman airport. I was surprised when I looked it up to see the flights as I'd think more regional flights especially with WSU there and being in the Pac-12. It looks like it is about on par with Walla Walla. Eugene's has a lot more options for UofO.

Comment

Agreed on the Moscow/Pullman airport. I was surprised when I looked it up to see the flights as I'd think more regional flights especially with WSU there and being in the Pac-12. It looks like it is about on par with Walla Walla. Eugene's has a lot more options for UofO.
                    They're flying from a different country. Have to go to an airport with customs agents.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

They're flying from a different country. Have to go to an airport with customs agents.
                      Which would likely be SEA for CWU or PDX for WOU. That said, they would have to fly into SEA to fly into Pullman or Spokane which has customs. I've gone through that flying back to PSC from Japan and was lucky my flight to PSC right by the train from customs as it was a tight connection. Of course teams flying to play SFU will fly into YVR which has customs.

Comment

Which would likely be SEA for CWU or PDX for WOU. That said, they would have to fly into SEA to fly into Pullman or Spokane which has customs. I've gone through that flying back to PSC from Japan and was lucky my flight to PSC right by the train from customs as it was a tight connection. Of course teams flying to play SFU will fly into YVR which has customs.
                        Good points, I doubt they're flying next week.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X