Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC Week 1 Game Thread

We have games this weekend! Three of them, allegedly. I don't know that it makes any sense to do a pick'em with only three teams, but at least we can throw out predictions on who wins.

Western Oregon plays at Colorado Mines on Thursday. I figure Mines will win. GNAC teams haven't fared well in the thin air lately.

On Saturday, Simon Fraser is at Idaho if they can get across the border. Idaho should win that one easily.

Finally, CWU is down at Eastern New Mexico. ENMU has been competing in the LSC lately, so this one is harder to pick. I have no idea what CWU will be this year either with all the departures. But, I'll go with CWU anyway.

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
    We have games this weekend! Three of them, allegedly. I don't know that it makes any sense to do a pick'em with only three teams, but at least we can throw out predictions on who wins.

Western Oregon plays at Colorado Mines on Thursday. I figure Mines will win. GNAC teams haven't fared well in the thin air lately.

On Saturday, Simon Fraser is at Idaho if they can get across the border. Idaho should win that one easily.

Finally, CWU is down at Eastern New Mexico. ENMU has been competing in the LSC lately, so this one is harder to pick. I have no idea what CWU will be this year either with all the departures. But, I'll go with CWU anyway.
    I've got the same predictions as you. Too bad the game isn't in Ellensburg to coincide with the fair and rodeo and it is interesting that all 3 teams start on the road. For pick'em we could always through in big SR games and perhaps EWU, WSU, UW, UofO, and OSU to make it look fuller. lol

Do we know if there are video feeds for the CWU and WOU games for free? I know Idaho has one for the SFU game from when CWU played there the year Idaho dropped to FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I've got the same predictions as you. Too bad the game isn't in Ellensburg to coincide with the fair and rodeo and it is interesting that all 3 teams start on the road. For pick'em we could always through in big SR games and perhaps EWU, WSU, UW, UofO, and OSU to make it look fuller. lol

Do we know if there are video feeds for the CWU and WOU games for free? I know Idaho has one for the SFU game from when CWU played there the year Idaho dropped to FCS.
      Looks like you have to pay for the ENMU-CWU game: https://lonestarconferencenetwork.com/enmu/

SFU at Idaho is going to be on ESPN+ and SWX, if the game happens at all.

WOU at Mines looks to be free, is here: https://www.rmacnetwork.com/coschoolmines/

Comment

Looks like you have to pay for the ENMU-CWU game: https://lonestarconferencenetwork.com/enmu/

SFU at Idaho is going to be on ESPN+ and SWX, if the game happens at all.

WOU at Mines looks to be free, is here: https://www.rmacnetwork.com/coschoolmines/
        ESPN+ is definitely good exposure for SFU. Play the GNAC proud and score some points SFU!

Comment

As of today, the SFU-Idaho game is on. If they were going to cancel it, they would've done so by now. Idaho has many fans coming from Boise and other long drives, I highly doubt days before the game they would cancel it.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
            As of today, the SFU-Idaho game is on. If they were going to cancel it, they would've done so by now. Idaho has many fans coming from Boise and other long drives, I highly doubt days before the game they would cancel it.
            What's weird is when I went to the SFU schedule page, they had -nothing- on the game. No writeup, no links to audio or video. I looked for any news related to it as well. SFU was always pretty good about getting that stuff up, so it made me wonder.

Comment

What's weird is when I went to the SFU schedule page, they had -nothing- on the game. No writeup, no links to audio or video. I looked for any news related to it as well. SFU was always pretty good about getting that stuff up, so it made me wonder.
              I looked for info and all I found was in 2018 when Idaho added this game after canceling the 2023 Northern Illinois game, likely due to their drop to FCS. It is still on the SFU site and the article I found from 2018 mentioned SFU gets $80k for the game. They have two prior games in 1980 and 1981.

Comment

I'm really glad Western Oregon has a top-notch sports information department, complete with articles, videos, up-to-date rosters, breaking news, etc. Simon Fraser and Lincoln University need to fix those parts of their athletic departments.

Comment

I'm really glad Western Oregon has a top-notch sports information department, complete with articles, videos, up-to-date rosters, breaking news, etc. Simon Fraser and Lincoln University need to fix those parts of their athletic departments.
                  One place both WOU and SFU excel is in the quality of their streams of games (except when fog covers the field of course). CWU needs to improve that as sometimes you can't even see the receiver that a ball is thrown to.

Comment

SFU had been doing a good job. They had the best stream for game days (non TV produced version). I wonder if the uncertainty of the border is the problem...

Comment

SFU had been doing a good job. They had the best stream for game days (non TV produced version). I wonder if the uncertainty of the border is the problem...
                      Well, they're playing this weekend, according to the people I know at UI. The Vandals also have a few events surrounding this game that have not been cancelled, such as pre-game tailgaters and things like this.

They're playing the game.

Comment

Well, they're playing this weekend, according to the people I know at UI. The Vandals also have a few events surrounding this game that have not been cancelled, such as pre-game tailgaters and things like this.

They're playing the game.
                        Good, must have figured out some way then. I'm still on the fence about going up there in a couple weeks.

Comment

Correction: CWU game is also on Thursday, at 5pm PDT.

Comment

Correction: CWU game is also on Thursday, at 5pm PDT.
                            So just one day to game time. May all 3 teams do the GNAC proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

So just one day to game time. May all 3 teams do the GNAC proud.
                              Almost forgot 2 Thursday games tonight. Wonder why D2 would play on Thursday, there's no TV involved is there? Nevertheless, glad to kick off.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X