Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columnist for GNAC Schools

Hello GNAC Board,

I wanted to let you all know that I have agreed to be the Independent columnist for D2football.com. As a part of that responsibility, I am going to also cover the GNAC teams this season. Now, because I just started on Thursday and posted my first article this morning, I did add a small bit of information about CWU's and WOU's games in the preview. However, I will be doing a recap of the previous games and a preview of the upcoming games each week. Please take a look, and I hope I was accurate and did right by your schools/teams, especially since I'm in the Northeast and my knowledge is mainly of Northeast 10 teams since I went to a Northeast 10 school at New Haven.

Thanks,

Craig Fenn

Welcome aboard Craig!

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
      Hello GNAC Board,

I wanted to let you all know that I have agreed to be the Independent columnist for D2football.com. As a part of that responsibility, I am going to also cover the GNAC teams this season. Now, because I just started on Thursday and posted my first article this morning, I did add a small bit of information about CWU's and WOU's games in the preview. However, I will be doing a recap of the previous games and a preview of the upcoming games each week. Please take a look, and I hope I was accurate and did right by your schools/teams, especially since I'm in the Northeast and my knowledge is mainly of Northeast 10 teams since I went to a Northeast 10 school at New Haven.

Thanks,

Craig Fenn

Comment

https://www.d2football.com/division-...eason-preview/

It looked pretty good to me!

Comment

Hello GNAC Board,

Thanks,

Craig Fenn
          Thank you!

Comment

Comment

Not good. Last weekend EWU beat UNLV and I'm thinking will contend for the Big Sky again this year. I remember the year they won the National Title CWU played them close and the DII champ.
              Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 09-06-2021, 06:41 PM.

Comment

They're most likely going to get their butts kicked. I'll be happy if they're competitive for a half. It's going to be on ESPN+ so if you have that you can watch.

Comment

It is a money game and we hope to come out of it without any injuries that could have an impact on our actual D2 games the rest of the season. Being in this region and D2 teams few and far between, we need the $$ to afford the travel it takes to fly to other schools to just get D2 games. I am hopefully to be somewhat respectable but it will probably be just as tough as the Montana game in the spring.

Comment

Week 2 is up:

https://www.d2football.com/ncaa-inde...eek-2-preview/

Comment

Nice column. I think I agree with your predictions, though hopefully Simon Fraser can keep it closer than that. I really don't know what to expect from Western Oregon. One correction, you have Linfield going to the D II playoffs, not the D III playoffs.

Comment

I find it interesting that Linfield will play SFU, but not WOU. That would be a natural rivalry with how close they are.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Nice column. I think I agree with your predictions, though hopefully Simon Fraser can keep it closer than that. I really don't know what to expect from Western Oregon. One correction, you have Linfield going to the D II playoffs, not the D III playoffs.
                          Nice catch, thank you. The good thing about editing web sites is you do a couple clicks and the mistake is gone (or it gets worse).

Comment

Nice catch, thank you. The good thing about editing web sites is you do a couple clicks and the mistake is gone (or it gets worse).
                            Maybe now you can work some magic and convince Linfield it wants to move up to D2 and try for the playoffs there!

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                              I find it interesting that Linfield will play SFU, but not WOU. That would be a natural rivalry with how close they are.
                              Yeah I kind of don't understand that, though Linfield might have some kind of animosity towards Western Oregon, I'm not sure why. They played a club team from Lewiston, Idaho last week if you can believe that. They'll pretty much do anything to avoid Western Oregon in football.

They are entrenched in division 3, even though I think they would compete well in division 2. But as with a lot of private schools it's hard to raise the scholarship money.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X