Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some real struggles on both sides of the line for CWU. Key injuries in those positions and very young players filling in. Glad to see the coaches decided not to outthink the room in the second half and just run the ball at 8 yards a pop up the middle over and over again. CWU will need to be much better these next two weeks against the LSC in order to get wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post

I heard the announcers say that as well. So, this should mean a forfeit win for SFU?
      Well, Bellingham has a stadium I'm sure they could use. Maybe everyone at WWU that wants football back could go.

Comment

I just looked up Blaine High School's football stadium, I believe that's the town on the Canadian/Washington border. It looks pretty sweet by the picture they have some nice stands. Perhaps even field turf. Maybe a lone Star team could fly into Seattle and drive to Blaine and Simon Fraser could drive on down. I'm serious it looks really nice.

Comment

I guess I am not sure why they can't cross the border? Other teams are. Do they not have enough players/coaches that would pass COVID protocol? Is it too much work for them and so they are saying it is not worth it? Seems too early to cancel unless UTPB is just saying we don't need this game and therefore we are not going to do the extra work? It just seems fishy to be canceling it this early to me. Maybe someone else has more info?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post
            I guess I am not sure why they can't cross the border? Other teams are. Do they not have enough players/coaches that would pass COVID protocol? Is it too much work for them and so they are saying it is not worth it? Seems too early to cancel unless UTPB is just saying we don't need this game and therefore we are not going to do the extra work? It just seems fishy to be canceling it this early to me. Maybe someone else has more info?
            I have a feeling it is Covid related and they don't require all athletes to be vaccinated. I really doubt it is passport related as they would have known about needing to get passports 2 years ago. As for getting into SFU, YVR is an international airport in the metro area and I'm sure getting a connecting flight from Odessa isn't too hard.

If we saw who SFU really is last night, things look like they are moving in the right direction. They a QB that can throw the deep ball, fast corners, just need to get more supplemental players for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I have a feeling it is Covid related and they don't require all athletes to be vaccinated. I really doubt it is passport related as they would have known about needing to get passports 2 years ago. As for getting into SFU, YVR is an international airport in the metro area and I'm sure getting a connecting flight from Odessa isn't too hard.

If we saw who SFU really is last night, things look like they are moving in the right direction. They a QB that can throw the deep ball, fast corners, just need to get more supplemental players for them.
              I have a feeling it is COVID related as well but I guess I am wondering how that plays into the schedule or strength of schedule later on in the season when playoff spots are being considered? UTPB seems to be on the rise as of late and are projected to possibly be in the hunt at the end of the season. It seems like UTPB is not doing what they need to do to be on the field to play all scheduled games and therefore should receive a forfeit loss on their schedule instead of just a bye because they cancelled. Maybe this is the case and I just don't know it, but it seems like it could hurt them at the end of the season and possibly hurt SOS of any LSC team above them that may be fighting for a playoff spot? Maybe Brandon has some insight as to what the NCAA has been thinking for COVID cancelled games when one team can play and the other cancels?

Comment

I asked over on the LSC board. See if someone knows.

Comment

The most credible explanation I've seen so far is that it's because Canada requires vaccinations and negative tests within 3 days of arrival. I can see them not having enough players cuz Texas.

Comment

Looks like CWU's stream may be improving, although will be with SWX: https://wildcatsports.com/news/2021/...all-games.aspx Anyone find out why the Burg doesn't have radio for road games? This seems a great move though as it puts CWU football on local broadcast TV for Yakima and Tri-Cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                      Looks like CWU's stream may be improving, although will be with SWX: https://wildcatsports.com/news/2021/...all-games.aspx Anyone find out why the Burg doesn't have radio for road games? This seems a great move though as it puts CWU football on local broadcast TV for Yakima and Tri-Cities.
                      I guess that explains why they didn't have any audio for the ENMU game. SFU has people only calling the home games, and that works out well enough, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

I guess that explains why they didn't have any audio for the ENMU game. SFU has people only calling the home games, and that works out well enough, I guess.
                        I know it is something we've been asking for too. I know this is something EWU already does as well and is a good marketing move for CWU in other areas of the state. Fortunately as well it is a free stream to watch if you say have DirecTV!

I for one am glad that they will have real camera crews!

Comment

Huh. It looks like the Portland State coach bought quite a few beers at the game Saturday.

Comment

Huh. It looks like the Portland State coach bought quite a few beers at the game Saturday.

I've been to that brewery in Bend. They have some really good beer.

As for the purchase, I found an article on Yahoo Sports last week where he said he'd buy beer for everyone in the stands.

Comment

Tell you what, I wish I made enough to spend $14K on anything in one shot.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X